Ghostly Manor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostly Manor

Anyone have contacts at Ghostly Manor? I find myself in Sandusky, Ohio for the night, but Ghostly Manor appears to only be open on weekends. I was hoping I might be able to score a quick tour.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319655252.378926.jpgA pic of the facade.

Comment

We got in! Will write more later when I'm on my laptop.

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319664403.141686.jpgjust to the left of the building.

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319664467.974267.jpgClose up of facade dragon.

Comment

more inflatables?

go real......

Comment

Tell Bill I said 'Hello'. It's impressive that he can pull that off year-round...
              http://www.bigscaryshow.com
              http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by chuck weber View Post
                go real......

The dragon is not an inflatable

Comment

We happened to be in Ohio mid week, when the haunt was closed, but as luck would have it they happened to be opening on a weekday to give a group of developmentally disabled people a chance to go through the haunt. They were nice enough to let us go through after those groups! Even though it was 4PM in the afternoon, on a day they wouldn't normally be open, the actors REALLY brought their "A" game! They were the most enthusiastic haunt actors I've seen in a really long time. The haunt had good sets, props, and lighting. I've been through many haunts with a body bag section, but at Ghostly Manor it seemed like the body bag section went on forever (in a good way!). There was a section that had skull vacuform walls (like many other haunts have), but they took it to the next level by having skeletons jutting out of the walls between the skulls. This took the set to a higher level. It was just a really good show. We were very fortunate to get to experience it!

I also have to give kudos to their XD theater, and their excellent 3D mini-golf!

Comment

I went through the haunt over the summer while we were visiting Cedar Point. They only had 2 actors as it was the off-season, but man they did a fantastic job! I agree about the body bags, one of the best body bag sections I've ever been through in a haunt! Now I am pretty used to claustrophobia tunnels, so they really don't affect me at all, but Ghostly Manor's was better than most (at least, I thought), I'm not sure why, maybe it was just longer than most, but it also seemed like they had more air blowing on it that others. Half way through I was actually thinking, "When is this thing going to end?!?!", I actually started to get worried.

All around, very impressive haunt!

Comment

Totally agree about the claustrophobia walls... I'm 6'5", so typically I'm taller than the C-walls, but at Ghostly manor they went floor-to-ceiling! Not only that, but I believe actors were pushing us sideways while we were in them! Very fun!

Comment

Working...
                      X