Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertising in 13th hour mag.....bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising in 13th hour mag.....bad idea?

Alright, anyone's help here would be fantastic. Im in a little bit of a tight spot and want out. I signed a "3" issue contact with 13th hour magazine back in may. The deal was almost $10k in product for the ad space. Im crazy for accepting right!?!?

Well they were going to publish my ad, and an article in the mid-west con, issue to be released at the show. I had to send them 3 masks to photo shoot for the ad and paid $120 to overnight it to them because they needed it the next day. After that, ive had next to no contact with them. Got an email towards the end of the summer saying the mag was never printed but ill be in the next one.

Here it is almost November and i haven't had any email replies or anything. Asked several times to have my masks shipped back since they were done with the photo shoot. Nothing... At this point those are going towards their credit- im not taking them back after they used them a whole season, and i certainly hope they dont try to.

The deal was for basically some custom "exclusive" sculptures, only for them. They didnt want any current designs, all custom stuff since they had so much credit...

I did sign a contact, but even when i did that i asked for a copy and they said i'd have it emailed to me and a hard copy sent in the mail. Never got anything...

BASICALLY.... I want out of this contract at this point, i dont feel comfortable dealing with people like this. I worked with them as much as i could and was planning on doing some really cool stuff for them, but not if im treated like this... 7 months and maybe only 5 email exchanges??

Had ads in HAM with no problems, everything went great. I plan on getting some in HW in the future and im sure they'll go smoothly as well.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
    Jarred Alcala
    Owner
    Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com
    www.Facebook.com/Shatteredfxmasks

This is a crime......

It continues!!!!!! I have took a stand on Dick I mean Rick several times! Feel free to call me I will help you! I love helping the underdog!!!! Ask around I can help you! Shane and it's I hate this kind of shit! Shane

256-710-0515 Shane Dabbs!
    sigpic

Comment

Bail BAil BAil, Abort Abort Abort!!!
      Your out of the contract already, they broke their side of the bargain already. Ignore them and politely warn others, they tried the same thing with me and I thought they were crazy for even asking.
      Best of luck,
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Too Funny.. Sorry
        I thought everyone got the word on these guys.. It's like a bad dream....................

Comment

Thanks guys, glad to hear im not a lone wolf here. I just didnt want to get a bad rep or anything like that for not following through... even though he isn't.
          UNFORTUNATELY i was told by a fair few not to do a deal with him, but i needed immediate exposure to get the ball rolling.

All well, big mistake, wont make it again. I'll stick with FB marketing for awhile. Its #1 in my book!
          I'll be curious to see what he'll say at TW?.. ha

Anyways, thanks guys. Made me feel a whole lot better about the situation!
          Jarred Alcala
          Owner
          Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com

Comment

Scream and run away!

As an advertiser, you get triple ripped off... first you are overcharged for the ad, then they steal your product if you work out a "trade", and to top it off, they don't even send out magazines to their subscribers.
            Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShatteredFX View Post
              Thanks guys, glad to hear im not a lone wolf here. I just didnt want to get a bad rep or anything like that for not following through... even though he isn't.
              UNFORTUNATELY i was told by a fair few not to do a deal with him, but i needed immediate exposure to get the ball rolling.

All well, big mistake, wont make it again. I'll stick with FB marketing for awhile. Its #1 in my book!
              I'll be curious to see what he'll say at TW?.. ha

Anyways, thanks guys. Made me feel a whole lot better about the situation!
              Hey Shattered,

It's not just you. I've heard a ton of complaints about them and I've seen myself that they do have a bad time of never following up. I would call this a learning experience and move on. I welcome you or anyone else that has had a bad experience with them to leave a comment about your experiences on our vendor reviews area on HauntersDigest. You can find their profile here, http://www.hauntersdigest.com/2010/0...hour-magazine/. There have already been a few ratings and comments and your not along with your problems with them. Maybe others will be able to avoid future problems or encourage them to improve their performance and fix their current issues.
              News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
              Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

I have been fed so much crap about when they would print and what issues they owe me. They never contact anyone and never send out the mags. Then they show up at tradeshows and try to get more suckers to sign up. If I didn't think Transworld would get pissed I would raise holy hell in the middle of the sales floor. Someone needs to.
                Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I think someone already beat you to that Grimley....
                  News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                  Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Jarred.........heard nothing but BAD about his outfit.

The way they conduct business, it's almost like the magazine is just a FRONT for something. Please, be careful and watch your wallet !!!! Take heed from others posting on here. Keep us posted of your ongoing experience. Hopefully, you won't get ripped off. good luck !!!!!

Comment

Me

Originally posted by Grimley View Post
                      I have been fed so much crap about when they would print and what issues they owe me. They never contact anyone and never send out the mags. Then they show up at tradeshows and try to get more suckers to sign up. If I didn't think Transworld would get pissed I would raise holy hell in the middle of the sales floor. Someone needs to.
                      As Charles pointed out that has already happened! I WAS THE ONE WHO DID IT AND WILL DO IT AGAIN IF THEY VEND AT TRANSWORLD!!! TW needs to take a stand and stop shit like this from happening!!!! He's the worst he takes money from people like you, me and everyone else for subscriptions he never sends out so were screwed. He talks vendors into doing trades he raises his prices up so he can get tons more value in free props and crap for his haunt and strong holds them with BS of attorneys and contracts. Yet the vendors don't see a dime extra in sales and you ask why? HE DON'T SHIP HIS MAGAZINES so no one sees their ads!!!! Dick I mean Rick I am tired of you not only ripping off us consumers you continue to do it to vendors too!!! I AM STILL WATCHING YOU! Shane and it's you damn well better be scared to show at TW! Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

ass kicking at transworld !!! let the madness begin !!!!!!

would love to see this happen !!! these guys and all the other ripoff vendors who somehow get table space to take money and orders and then don't deliver. enough bullshit. transworld management needs to do something about these ripoff vendors by dening them entrance to supposedly sell their wares. SHANE DABBS, I salute you and your efforts !!!!! You are a MAJOR force and a TRUE ICON in this industry. You only speak the truth, and will not put up with any of this crap. I applaud and support you 1000 percent !!!!

Comment

Never got subscription

One of my staff members in 2010 ordered a subscription.... never got it. I spoke to them last year at Transworld and they said "so sorry we will get it right out"...... my staff member is still waiting. They called before we opened and wanted to do an advetorial on us...I said no! If there selling advertising and not shipping there mag.... who is reading it. This is our third year as a pro haunt and I have learned so much, unfortunately the lessons learned are, who NOT to do business with at Transworld. They along with others will never see my shadow in there booths. Shame on you bad vendors!

Comment

Yeah, i wish i would have known all this before even talking to them! I've asked multiple times to talk to rick specifically, but always was told "he's busy"...
                            Well, if or when they call me back I"LL always be busy... Im going to shoot them one last email and then add them onto my shit list..
                            Jarred Alcala
                            Owner
                            Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com

Comment

Yep, they got a Grudge from me and not a single call or sale from a Featured add 5 pages!

As far as I know he does not mail out the 1000's he claims to.

He distributes at the show for the most part.

It helped me in 1 thing and 1 thing only. It was my proof of my Patient on whenGrudge was created.

Like Alan Said! Abort!

Do not let him scare you into with his legal mumbo jumbo, like he did me.

Bail.............................................. ....

John

Comment

Working...
                              X