Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upset Customer Makes Blog Post About To Scary - No Refunds. Please comment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset Customer Makes Blog Post About To Scary - No Refunds. Please comment!

Hey Guys,

We had a customer through the haunted house last weekend who dropped her 11 and 15 year old kids off while she went to get coffee, we have warnings on our website and in the signage above the ticket window and beside the ticket window (ie. its obvious everywhere, as im sure your attractions have as well). She wrote a letter to the local paper on the same topic and they published it.

Im VERY happy, the letter in my opinion makes her look....well.... not overly intelligent (haunted house scares her kids and she wants a refund?), and like a bad parent (drops her kids off while she gets coffee?). In fact I posted the letter to our 1700 facebook fans!

ANYWAY, i know you guys will have some WONDERFUL things to say about this, so i would kindly ask that you read the blog post and comment on the post on her blog (section below the post):

http://alisonebruce.blogspot.com/201...ror-story.html
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

I posted!

haha.....that is funny.....but I did post on there.....we had a guy get angry because we were "closed a few days before Halloween this early in the night" over 1 hour past our posted close time with nobody in the que lines. haha Some people just get a rush out of complaining I think.

Comment

I posted on this blog

There is a big difference between a haunted house and movies. A haunt is immersive and is designed to scare even adults and it does. Because in a haunt the experience is actually happening to you and not you just watching it happen to others it tends to scare even those who can watch scary moves with no problems. The location of a haunt does not change if it is scary or not. I must confess I am a little confused as to what you were expecting when you dropped your kids off here. It is a haunted house the very nature of this attraction involves scaring people, and you got wanted a refund because your kids got what they payed for a good scare? If this is the case I would suggest to do what a few friends of mine do go through the attraction first and then decide. You can let your kids know it is ok to be scared in a haunt and don't feel to bad I have seen grown men leave nearly crying.
      she has been deleteing posts from the look of it.
      Proud to be able to work at
      http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Yeah, people love to complain. We get all sorts of positive raves, but they never seem to call and leave "love" messages on the answering machine. Instead, someone took the time and effort to call and bitch about the fact we didn't give group discounts for a group of ten, and how they drove up, found this out, then left and we were out all that money. They just wanted to let us know who we had screwed ourselves and how stupid we were by not cutting them a deal. Of course, they didn't leave their name or number, just their voice (hate) mail.

I would have loved to call them back and explain that we DO offer group discounts, just not at the box office. They need to be bought in advance. The reason for this is simple: Strangers in line hear about the discount and form "instant groups" and reduce what is already a cheap ticket price. Now we have a truck load of yahoos running around out there complaining about us because they're too stupid to check the website and read the details (or use their own common sense). The moral of this story is that no matter how you set it up, no matter how fair you try to be, you'll always piss off someone.

At least your complaint is good PR though. Congrats!
        www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Posted to her gripe:
          If they didn't deliver the frights, then I would be more upset with them than I would if they were too scary. It is a haunted house, after all, not a pumpkin patch. Demanding a refund because they were too effective in doing what they advertise is like wanting your money back from a restaurant because the meal was far better than what you expected. Instead of teaching your kids to complain, you may want to teach them to take more personal responsibly for their bad choices, and pay you back for all (or some) of the ticket price that they wasted. The value of this lesson would far offset the loss of $30.
          www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

The other day, I couldn't find a babysitter for my kid, so I dropped him off at Burger King for a while. He got one of those Texas Whoppers... but he couldn't eat the whole thing! I asked the manager for a refund, and he said NO! I was so mad, I wrote about it on my blog and sent a letter to my local paper!
            Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Attraction View Post
              The other day, I couldn't find a babysitter for my kid, so I dropped him off at Burger King for a while. He got one of those Texas Whoppers... but he couldn't eat the whole thing! I asked the manager for a refund, and he said NO! I was so mad, I wrote about it on my blog and sent a letter to my local paper!
              Brilliant!

Shawn you should copy and paste this to your facebook post, assuming that it is ok with Dark Attraction. Being a smart ass is an art form and I appreciate creativity in art.
              www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Already done mike! I copied to facebook for a good laugh!
                Shawn
                Fear Engineer
                HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

hmmmm i believe the age reccomendation should have been told to them, but would it really have mattered? they obviously thought they were old enough. idk. this lady obviously just wants traffic to her little bitch blog lol i think its funny the angle she took the picture makes the font look really hard to read, and you can see you buy tickets RIGHT NEXT TO THE SIGN ahahahaha
                  Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Send her a $ 30 check and a bill

The woman says in her own words that she doesn't give refunds for her writing business, yet expects one for a business that delivered. hmm.

Shawn, you should send her $ 30 for the publicity and help in the increased business. Then send her a 1099, too. LOL Finally she should get a bill for $200 for babysitting and parental advice. $ 100 for babysitting and $ 100 for telling her that spending time with her kids, especially at their age, is great family time together.
                    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X