City Museum at Transworld 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Museum at Transworld 2012

I know a lot of people here have been to or has heard of the City Museum in St. Louis but probably not everyone knows that the creator of the museum (Bob Casilly) has recently passed away in an accident while working on his next big project. This sad news has really struck home. My wife and I have been so inspired by his work --- Bob was also one of our first and best customers. He believed in me when my company first started out and inspired us to go after new markets beyond haunted attractions.

As a friend and a huge fan of Bob's work, I feel it is my duty to share his work with the entire haunt community so that he can live in our hearts and memories:

Darklight will be the headline sponsor of the Transworld Friday night party at THE CITY MUSEUM. I'm working with Jen on the details so we'll get that out to everyone as things get finalized. Meanwhile, this is Darklight's tribute to Bob Casilly, the City Museum, and a Happy Halloween gift to the haunt community.

I wish everyone has had a fantastic season and we'll see you in St. Louis!

Quan

PS. For those who don't yet know about the City Museum, it is absolutely THE coolest place on earth! I would compare Bob Casilly to a modern day Walt Disney... Just google St. Louis City Museum and I'll let the pictures do the talking.
    Last edited by thrilltainment; 10-30-2011, 07:07 PM.
    sigpic
    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Cant Wait to see The City Museum Quan!!!!!!!!! and what you are doing is great for both the creator of the City Museum and the Haunt Community. We look forward to seeing his magnificent creation!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Very sorry to hear about Bob's passing. I will certainly be sure to honor his memory at the Friday night party...
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

even though it's still 4 months away --- i'm super excited about this, I think it'll be a real treat for the haunt community. although Bob's work isn't haunt related, his style of work using recycled materials, re-purposed parts, and imagination can definitely inspire any haunter. i'm really looking forward to it. everyone, start spreading the word! Once we get the details finalized, it'll be officially promoted by Transworld --- but just wanted to give you guys a little sneak peak and something to look forward to =)

here are a whole bunch of photos we took there last year
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie...7625524385717/
        sigpic

Comment

What happened? Sorry to hear about this but was he working on City Museum or what kind of project caused his death?
          Just wondering.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Lord Grimley and his crew will be there in support.
            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
              What happened? Sorry to hear about this but was he working on City Museum or what kind of project caused his death?
              Just wondering.
              Damon
              here's the article: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...9bb30f31a.html

the only slightest consolation comes from the fact that he died working on something he was passionate and happy about.
              sigpic

Comment

This is very sad news. I was for sure more scared at this museum than I ever was at a haunted house. I was chasing my monkey of a 8 year old up the climb to that airplane. I'm 6'6" and 300 lbs and I was so relieved to get to that plane after the climb, then my daughter asks me to climb into the cock pit and as I do I feel the plane shift ever so slightly. OMG I was so freaked out. I thougth we were going to do a nose dive. But that was so much fun. My wife was pregnant at the time so I had to keep up with my daughter, what a work out. That is one of the coolest places I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Boni View Post
                  This is very sad news. I was for sure more scared at this museum than I ever was at a haunted house. I was chasing my monkey of a 8 year old up the climb to that airplane. I'm 6'6" and 300 lbs and I was so relieved to get to that plane after the climb, then my daughter asks me to climb into the cock pit and as I do I feel the plane shift ever so slightly. OMG I was so freaked out. I thougth we were going to do a nose dive. But that was so much fun. My wife was pregnant at the time so I had to keep up with my daughter, what a work out. That is one of the coolest places I have ever seen.
                  the city museum certainly does have that edge to it... Bob didn't let the rules stop his creativity. although the place is generally safe, it has been responsible for injuries over the years --- even haunted houses, built with safety in mind, will occasionally cause injuries.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X