Religious nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious nuts

Had a weird experience last night at our haunt. While we were open a group of reglious nuts showed up and started preaching to the crowd waiting in line that participating in a haunted house or Halloween events is evil and that we shouldn't be involved in anything mocking the dead or supernatural. They wouldn't leave and stayed the whole night and people were pretty irritated with them. A few of our neighbors tried to talk sense into them and ask them to leave but it didnt help. Anyone have anything like that happen?
    sigpic
    Damon Wilde
    www.damonwilde.com
    www.theboneyardfl.com

Nope, never
    I don't know what the law is in Tampa, but in Ohio if you ask someone to leave private property and they don't it becomes criminal tresspassing and then it's no longer your problem, the cops have to take care of it.
    www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Not here either

But at my haunt I actually get church youth groups. Had several last night. Over years I have had many church group leaders come check us out and decide we were ok. Whenever a church group calls about our maze I offer info on our haunt and say we are not a demonic celebration but we do have a witch in black dress as ticket taker; but we are more scifi monsters and Hollywood bad guys. These people I'll stereotype as fringe nuts of my religion probably; just as looney as those who protest funerals for our servicemen. Now a haunt a few miles away had a 666 special as part of ads a few years back and I can say that probably would have been a turn off to the grouops I get but not a protest.

Yes those who protested probably claim to believe in a God as I do...but please understand they are minority of the faith. Private property advice above is probably best way to go. DO NOT give them something to claim against you like retalliation or physically fighting with them...they will just spin that to others in a twisted way. Let authorites deal with the nuts.

Wicked "Christian" Farmer

Comment

I have had lots of church youth groups come through my haunt this year and in previous years also. If i were you if they show back up in the future call the news crew out free plublicity. I was sure hopeing that being so close to witchita that the westborow church would show up to my haunt that would have definetly got the news crew out.

Comment

Theres an idea...

Originally posted by DDJR View Post
          I have had lots of church youth groups come through my haunt this year and in previous years also. If i were you if they show back up in the future call the news crew out free plublicity. I was sure hopeing that being so close to witchita that the westborow church would show up to my haunt that would have definetly got the news crew out.
          As much as I cringe at labeling all religious as nuts...that is a good idea. Let the chips fall where they may; right is right; and this haunt has been made the victim unjustly. I'll wade out into deeper water here; but hey; if the main body of believers has no problem distancing themselves from Westborow nuts, there SHOULD be no hesitation distancing themselves from this fringe.

Wicked "Christian" Farmer

Comment

Protesters

Ironically, the same night a bus load of teens from a church came to go through the haunt also and they loved it!
            I heard from someone that this group goes around to events to try to stir things up and then filelaw suits against people. We pretty much ignored them all night.
            sigpic
            Damon Wilde
            www.damonwilde.com
            www.theboneyardfl.com

Comment

I had a similar experience two years ago. I am a Christian man, I lead a community service ministry, lead small groups, and run a haunt. In fact I have used the haunt to establish relationships and show people that religious people can be fun and full of love not condemnation.
              Anyway, we had a group of 4 or 5 who showed up preaching salvation. They were certainly loud and bothered some patrons. While they were quick to express their 1st amendment rights, we were able to indicate to them that they were on private property and would have to remain on the public right of way. They continued there for quite a while.
              At one point I was able to have a discussion with them indicating my agreement with their message but my thoughts that this was an ineffective way to preach. The leader did the obvious and told how that is the way Jesus reached people, street corner ministry. I was able to point out that Jesus never cornered people, he was sought out. My customers waiting in line were a captive and possibly unwilling audience and his group was doing more harm than good in this circumstance. Shortly thereafter, they departed without conflict.
              The next day, video of the event and preaching were posted on a fairly well known street-corner preaching site as well as you tube. The video included copy written pictures from a local paper. I wrote the video author and questioned the integrity of the group’s work when they are able to readily steal material to supplement their presentation. The videos were quickly removed and we were never targeted again.
              Confronting with love, respect, and integrity can be disarming.
              Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
              Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
              2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Working...
              X