Moving from indoors to out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from indoors to out

Looking at moving from an inside haunt that I have to tear down each year to an outside haunt that hopefully can be left 80% intact over the off-season.

What regulations carry over from inside to out? Is the fire marshall still involved, do I need an entertainment permit still, how do I handle exits, emergency action plans, etc.

As with most cases, this will vary on where you're located and how strict your safety codes are.

Also, are you planning using tents or having your haunt open to the elements? That too, will make a difference as far as safety codes go.
    Last edited by Front Yard Fright; 11-01-2011, 12:40 PM.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I'm interested in this too. From what I know, indoors has a lot more regulations, including fire sprinklers, fire alarms, smoke detectors. I've always had an indoor haunt, and it bugs me when I see my competitor haunt not having any fire sprinklers, fire alarms, or smoke detectors for their outdoor haunt. I don't know the code well enough, but I believe if each of your haunts are small enough, then they don't need so many of the regulations. In other words, you can have lots of small haunts instead of one or two larger haunts to save on all the regulations. That's at least for the strict California codes.

Comment

It depends on what your local fire marshal says, however the code says 1000 sq. ft. or under building does not have to be sprinklered. Therefore, if you build 10 different small buildings you can get around sprinklers. As for everything else, small or large does not exempt you from fire exits, flame retardant materials, etc. just the sprinklers, but your fire marshal may be more forgiving than some or harder than some, you'll just have to get the final ruling from him/her.

Comment

Working...
        X