No announcement yet.

How was Monday's traffic at your haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was Monday's traffic at your haunt?

I'm sure most of us were a little worried about Halloween falling on a Monday and how that would effect our numbers. So I might as well ask the obvious:

How did your monday compare to last year's Halloween (when it was Sunday)? If it was up, why do you think it was, and if it was down, any thoughts why?

For our part, we did well and stayed very busy beyond our usual closing time (despite my worries about it being a weekday). So it actually worked out well, since we had a full weekend plus a busy weekday, due to the holiday. However, we just received a very positive review in the college paper on the same day, so I'm not sure what would have happened otherwise.
    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

For me, Halloween was the 2nd slowest night of the season, with the only slower night being opening night (a Friday).

Strangely, Saturday the 29th was the worst Saturday of the month too, after Friday the 28th being by far the best Friday of the season.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Halloween was still our busiest night of the year, although it was just a little busier that the Saturday before. My haunt is in California though, which might be a different than other states for weekday success.

Comment

slowest

Monday was our slowest night of the year and sunday the 30th was our 2nd slowest night of the year. Seems like the crowds came out early. We had enough people come through to make it worth opening, however I think we will probably stop on Sunday next year and not do Mon-Wed.

Comment

Last year our sunday night was a third of the Saturday night. This year we had a strong Saturday night best in three years then Sunday was about 40% of Saturday then Monday night was almost 50% of Saturday Night not a total loss at least worth being open.

Comment

We were open both Sunday and Monday....roughly the same amount of people as the previous year, so it was worth opening. Believe it or not, our biggest night of the season has consistently been the 3rd Saturday (10/15/11 this year).
            Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Our biggest night was the Saturday right before Halloween. 10/29. Sunday was real good and Monday was even better. We could have done a lot more on Monday but my husband made be close the gate. We had people pulling up for several hours after. He will not be involved in any shape or form with my haunt next year. This was our first year to open and we did great! People came back 3 and 4 times bringing more people with them. Eveyone said that thay can't wait for next year! I had a great group people come on board toward the end of the build and they will be with me from here on out. It is so wonderful to be surrounded by creative, enthusiastic haunters! We are ready to get started building more!

Sue
              http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Monday?

Well or Monday was pretty slow about 1/2 of the Sunday before and 1/4 of Saturday but it was still profitable to be open so all is good.

Shawn
                http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

Slow for us, might have been the slowest.

Brian
                  Axdahls Haunted Farm

Comment

Steady

But did not break any records for sure! Shane and it's just a manic Monday! Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

We did 3/4 of our best night and everyone had a blast, it was such a great night with guest all dressed also.
                      Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Working...
                      X