No announcement yet.

Transworld Charging!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the show is weeded out to some degree from people who really don't buy a thing, you'll find as a buyer an easier time to communicate with vendors. There are many positive effects from charging an entry fee. I think I've heard a lot of people complain about there being to many people walking the halls so maybe this helps cure those issues while at the same time keeping the show affordable for vendors. It can't be anything but a good thing. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I agree with it I think it is a lot nicer with weeding out people who won't buy anything and once again like Allen said just write it off at the end of the year it is a business expense. We are staying from Tuesday to Sunday and driving from green bay so just in gas and hotel 50 isn't much compared to those two
      Kyle Guillette
      Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

would not change my mind just the # of peps i invite with. more elbo room. and with all the new droid this iphony that i can send my excitment for something over the air to get fed back. bottom line its my money any way so less i wants fro others and more me me me me oh got to have.lol. gosh i love halloween.
        The Care Taker
        John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Transworld Charging!!

I can say that I am not all that worried about having to pay the $50. I know for a fact that it is not going to change the amount of people that are coming with me to the show! I know for myself I just love being a part of the haunt industry so much and look forward to going to Transworld that the fee will not stop me from enjoying my vacation in haunters’ paradise! Although it was not necessary, thank you to the companies that are going to offer the $50 back if you spend money with them! I am gladly going to be making the trip from Green Bay to St. Louis for TransWorld!
          David "Pug" DeChamps
          Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            If the show is weeded out to some degree from people who really don't buy a thing, you'll find as a buyer an easier time to communicate with vendors. There are many positive effects from charging an entry fee. I think I've heard a lot of people complain about there being to many people walking the halls so maybe this helps cure those issues while at the same time keeping the show affordable for vendors. It can't be anything but a good thing. Larry
            I want to be able to get a personal demo of anything over 3k I plan to buy.

Comment

Transworld

I am going to side with the vendors on this one. I do tradeshows and they cost HUGE $$$. I have a few shows that I will not do because they are free. All I do is get a bunch of tire kickers that waste my time and want to know what is free. As a vendor you need to have qualified buyers to make it worth your time.
              When i first saw this thread I was a little thrown back because I am a haunt owner and I was not asked about any increase. But it is a good thing. $50 is nothing. But it will dictate how many staff I bring with. Im going to go take a nap now until about feb. This was a long season.

Chaos
              Capt.Chaos
              Fear Asylum Haunted House
              Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Good for TW

Serious buyers will pay.

Comment

posts seem to say that the show gets worse every year in every way..........

TATER just provided more proof...........................add the ripoff vendors who have enough money to show up and book booth space every year, and then RIP people off for products never delivered or just disappear.......ya, let's all go and have a good time !!!!! thank you for hurting me...................

Comment

$50.. this year...

$75 next year? $25 extra for a speed pass, $30 extra if you want to arrive a day early and brouse, $5.00 extra if you need a rest room with softer toilet paper. Maybe this unspoken feeling is what might be bothering some who have not posted yet?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Or in our case...

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Oh No Allen I see it both sides, Im just worried about some Charity haunts that dont have the budget as the big haunts. If they bring 4 people (2 owners, Set designer, and Actor Trainer) the 50 turns into 200 really quick, which in some cases (NOT ALL) may be the difference on if they can afford a prop or not. I think its really odd that I have to spend money to figure out if I wanna spend more money.
                      It turns into $600 or more.
                      Ed Roberts
                      Founder
                      The Nightmare Factory
                      www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
                      www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Like Transworld it's $12.50 a day too.

Comment

Also it's not likely companies like Ghost Ride, CFX, Scarefactory, Distortions, Creature Corps and probably Gore Galore to vend at National Haunters convention. If they could get those vendors they could do really well. Maybe they should move it to a winter convention before transworld even?

DA

Comment

I attended NHC and was not very impressed. Creepy Collection and Minions Web were the only vendors that come to mind. There was one booth that was selling left-over merchandise from Kmart (they even left the price tages on the items). Its ok for a Home Haunter but if youre looking for the big-name vendors Im afraid you wont see them there....

Comment

If A Charity Haunt cannot afford a $50.00 fee perhaps they should take out money from their previous years event so they can go....

Comment

The Charity Controllers

Should be smart enough to not kill the goose laying their golden eggs. Realise who really needs to be there and finance them to make it happen= more $uce$$!
                                Like , "DUH?"
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X