No announcement yet.

Violence from Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an idear on this the other day. While reading these posts and pondering on how some folks just seem to WANT to touch the patrons... how about this.

In my haunt, I'm wanting to have the customers "interact" with as much as possible. My final room, I won't disclose here, but lets just say, it'll be a SAW of a time!

Now, why not have folks have to reach into a skull on the wall, that's a hole, or just a hole if you want, dress it all up with wet string and stuff. Make them reach in to find the "key" or "token" that'll let the next guide continue their tour. Upon reaching in, have a mob / monster (whose job is also to replenish the tokens) grab their arm as it comes in looking for the item. If they get too scared and pull away too quickly, just let the monster poke the key through the hole, laughing as he does it. This does what? gives the ultimate scare imo. In movies you're ALWAYS shown a scene at some point to where you just expect something to grab someone's arm, or somethings going to happen to them when they reach into the area. Bring that fear to life. Plus, there's nothing for them to punch! It could be a girl, so when they laugh, it also assures them hearing a feminine voice laughing and I can only imagine the laughs that'll come out of it. They're all safe and in the end just had a good ol' unique scare. Now you don't have to jerk on them to bash their face on the wall, but just grab them and let them know THERE IS SOMETHING IN THERE!

A haunt I went to a few years back had the hole in the wall, but we got jumped from behind by jason. Everyone was focused on the hole in the wall, but the scare was completely different than expected.

Now keep in mind, the Haunts we have around here aren't these giant extravagant, colossal of shows. They're "haunted houses" , classic ones if you will. So I'm sure a few of you will say that's a bad idea just because of the "guide" thing. I don't know.

But anywho, IF you are going to touch, I think this would be a decent idear.

My .47C worth.

Comment

Hey Jim

Hey Jim, I personally don't like touching in a haunt and don't find it scary, and I mean touching as for actors doing it in the haunt to scare people. We remove people from our haunt if they are doing something that warrants it, but we also hire security ( off duty Sheriffs officers ) to do it. They screen out drunks and talk one on one to people that they feel may cause a problem in our haunt. As for Chainsaws and any other kind of fake weapons we also don't use them in our haunted houses, if an actor dressed as whoever jumps out with a fake weapon and then stands there and looks at you and doesn't really kill you most times they just look dumb. We work very hard on training our actors to be creepy scary, using different kinds of sounds and movements and lurking / coming from out of nowhere and vanishing again so as to keep the people on there toes. But you did derail what I said nicely tho. And i'm not telling anybody what to do, i'm just giving my thoughts.

Robert

Comment

Tim:

We were at Shocktoberfest and this is where my crew absolutely loved it. Since we (haunt industry actors/owners) are very difficult to scare we found it to be very entertaining because we felt it did add to the effectiveness and hightened scare. So I personally disagree that it's not scary/scarier because it was something "new to us". So think about the customers reaction as well? Humm.....still think we are going to do it in one of our attractions this year with LOTS of restrictions and TRUSTED actors. It will be fully disclosed to the customer that this one has touching. They can make the choice to go or not to go.

We were also at Pennhurst last year and they did it. Most of our bigger haunts in PA seem to be doing it.

Thanks everyone for your input. H

Comment

We did that accidently A Few Times.

We had a Hide& Seek Party in the house. One of them asked me how to unlatch a secret hiding place? I inniocently told him how to do it not remembering an employee was already in there who then grabbed their arm (as it was stuck all the way to their armpit into the hole!)
          Real movie-like fear reaction!!!!
          Yes, it works!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Violins in Haunts!

Couldn't resist...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2364/satur...-violins-on-tv

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

hahaha, nice.

Thanks for posting

Comment

"Never"!

MIND!" I always liked her stuff she did. somehow some it rings too true, and funny. (I grew up around "Those" people!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X