Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DreamReapers Needs your HELP!

Hey Guys

Let me first say I am not affiliated with this haunt but saw this and wanted to pass this along, just in case you haven't heard here is the release

The haunt you all know and love needs your help!! On October 30th, Dream Reapers was broken into and in the process, we were also robbed. This tragic event will force us to close our doors indefinitely. But monsters don't give up without a fight!

This December, we are doing a "fundraiser" and opening our doors to the public for a once in a lifetime event you have never experienced before! On December 9th and 10th we are turning our frightening haunt into a horrible Christmas-themed Nightmare! Come visit the dark and dank halls, but filled with some of the most visually disturbing Christmas themed scenes that you will never forget. Come spread Christmas cheer by invoking your worst fears!

The #1 haunted house in Illinois needs your help! Invite any and everybody. This will be an event that you'll never forget! Christmas never looked this scary! Admission is $20, and times are 7:00PM to 11:00PM. The zombie elves have arisen from their frozen graves to give you the most frightening experience of your life! Come see for yourself!

Also remember, if you cannot come, please make a donation to our cause to keep the dead alive...We are a family full of a passion that cannot die and will not.... Please support us...This was a tragedy, but support us so we can stay haunting you!!

I talked to Ken and if you want to make a donation and cant make it out those nights their paypal is DREAMREAPERS@HOTMAIL.COM Every little bit helps so lets give these guys the send off they deserve.
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

what the hell happened ? did the cops get anybody or the cashbox ?

how could this have happened ? hopefully, no one got hurt................ fill us in. were all concerned !!!!!! thanks !!!!! I'll buy some t-shirts if it will help........... post here........

Comment

Someday when I'm finally capable of opening my own haunt, I always wanted a christmas themed portion. But I never considered opening during the christmas season, I'll be interested in hearing how well this goes for you. Good luck, and if any road trips are in the cards this winter, I know where to go.

Comment

Creepmas in DreamReapers!!!

I know I plan on attending this event to help out a GREAT haunted house! I would even be willing to help work it if they needed staff for the event! I am heading down with at least 2 other people. I think we should get a group together from the forums and all meet up at DreamReapers, talk and then help out a great haunt together!
        David "Pug" DeChamps
        Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

Comment

oh my

This is horrible news.. My condolences to Ken and his crew. If there is anything you need please let us know how we can help. So sad..
          http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
          sigpic
          "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Hey Guys...sorry I forgot I posted this...I planned on heading over with Granny on Dec 9th and 10th However due to work, I will have to do the 16th and 17th..if anyone is planning on going let me know and see if we can do a meet up

Comment

What was stolen that would cause them to close for good...
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The Safe with the rent money in it

Comment

Tater, Shane & I are planning to head up that same weekend.
                  Katie Lane
                  Partner/VP
                  Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                  sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

We plan on heading there for the 17th
                    Kyle Guillette
                    Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

Well.....

Well it has been forever and a day since I was on here.

Been kind of busy here in Chicago.

Yes what Tater says is true.

Larry? We have been a top haunt in Chicago doing Dream Reapers for 12 years.
                      Some where along the way about 15 other haunts sprouted up, along with a shit economy, and have taken a chunk of our normal business.
                      We also signed a lease that was insane but business was good at the time.
                      Dream Reapers has been around for 12 years we continue to do well in a market that is saturated with haunts.
                      We made an error Sunday before halloween.....which may end up closing us.

On that Sunday/Monday wee hours someone decided to break in and take the safe which we held cash in for years.
                      Without the contents of that safe....we won't be open for our 13th year.

So we decided to try something a little different.

A Christmas event but a haunted one.

Same sets with a few additions like giant snowmen, twisted toy soldiers, and elves making bodies instead of toys.
                      Imagine adding snow and ice to 3000 square feet of cemetery.....yes with frozen zombies.
                      I really think styrofoam is going to be in everything here for a long time!!!!
                      It's the monsters that decorated and want you to see how they celebrate Christmas.

If you can't make it.......sorry we would have enjoyed your company......if you want to help
                      please go to www.dreamreapers.com and buy a shirt or a print.
                      We don't want money for nothing.

Thanks again

We hope to do well with coverage in the Sun Times, Tribune, WGN, WBBM, FOX (good day chicago on friday)......
                      Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Working...
                      X