Haunted Hallways Maze Ideas for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Hallways Maze Ideas for 2012

There is 4ft wide walkways the black squares are posts, black lines are the walls if you had this set up what would you do with it. Trying to think of ideas for 2012 this was our setup for 10,11 this is only a minimal part of our entire attraction but just looking for a fresh set of eyes for ideas. This is 800sq ft. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HauntedDeadEnd; 11-08-2011, 09:17 AM.

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
    There is 4ft wide walkways the black squares are posts, black lines are the walls if you had this set up what would you do with it. Trying to think of ideas for 2012 this was our setup for 10,11 this is only a minimal part of our entire attraction but just looking for a fresh set of eyes for ideas. This is 800sq ft. Thanks
    I'm not quite sure what you are asking here.

First a couple clarifications.

1) Are the posts permanent posts that you can't move? (You have to build around them or incorporate them into your design?)
    2) The walls are permanent walls, or are those temporary panels you put up?

Second, what is the question?
    1) Are you looking for a new maze design?
    2) Are you looking for theming ideas using this maze as is?
    3) If designing a maze, do you want just a single path?
    4) Do you just want halls, or will you be incorporating any kind of rooms in this?
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

2011.bmpFirst a couple clarifications.

1) The posts are permanent (You have to build around them or incorporate them into your design?)
      2) The walls are plywood walls that we put up. It appears this is the best design to get the most use of the room.
      Second, what is the question?
      1) The maze setup is fine I am looking for new ideas for the rooms.
      2) Yes we are looking for theming ideas for the way it is.
      3) well there are some rooms they are just small.
      This is how we set up 2011 Starting from in:
      I attached the setup
      creepy girl in all white like statue jumping at guests that think shes fake
      drop panel actor puts hand or face out.
      bathroom scene we have a live actor dressed as a toilet jumping out.
      all black room with white faces with 1 coming alive
      hanging pigs, animal parts etc. black material where butcher puts hand and or face through.
      butcher actor does 2 scares hanging body bags
      all black room with hanging ropes pipes makes you feel like webs etc touching you.
      live clown walking back and forth.
      claustrophobia
      fake jason
      bug room
      bed with possessed girl
      dot room with live dots
      drop panel monster chasing you with skill saw.
      This is just one of the main attractioons of our haunt that we would like to overhaul.
      Any ideas greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

Comment

What do you think.

Comment

Would be easier if you put this on graph paper because your not accounting for tech space and actor passageways.

Comment

Thanks I will put it in a graph

Comment

What are the actual dimensions of the posts?

I was doing a couple maze sketches, but don't know if I accounted for the poles properly.
              sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Posts are 1 sq ft. And between plywood walls are 4 ft paths
                Last edited by HauntedDeadEnd; 11-09-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Graphed Room setup for 2011 added

Here is the graphed version each square is a foot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have an idea on how to change my previous ideas? Thanks

Comment

Theme

I am by no means an expert but I am curious on your theme. What is it? What is the back story? How long have you been using this design and what are your customers reactions? I would start here.

Chaos
                      Capt.Chaos
                      Fear Asylum Haunted House
                      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Well this is a minor part of our entire haunt. 2 years ago the theme in short: farmers clydes corn was destroyed and he thought it was by kids but it ended up being the scarecrow killer. This year (Our corn field had issues growing) so the theme was the group was the chosen ones to help rebuild Clyde's farm but Clyde has gone missing. The Haunted House theme we really haven't associated with the rest of the haunt. This is why I am at a loss as to where to start to change it up. Thanks

Comment

OK, budget

Do you have a budget in mind that you want to stick with or do you want to use all the stuff you currently have? the reason I ask this question is i think that you are too broad in your design for this small an area. Once again I AM NO EXPERT!! But i really do think you have too much random, non-related stuuf going on in his area. i would focus on 1 or 2 aspects that you want to acheive with this area and run with that. For example: your clients have survived their tour to this point but have found themselves locked in the cellar with a madman that buthered all the cows and lives on rats. in his spare time he does tic-tac-toe puzzles on all the walls. Yeah that may be out there but in my opinion that makes more sense then a dot room-clown-jason-etc. your thoughts?

Chaos
                          Capt.Chaos
                          Fear Asylum Haunted House
                          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Well we would like to overhaul the Haunted House. We have a Haunted Trail, Cemetery, Cornfield that we have themed with teh farmer the past 2 years and we usually make the Haunted House a House of Horror or House of Screams so we did the Claustrophobia, dot room, drop panel, psycho girl. The drop panel we will move to the back of the haunt, we just like it as a house of Chaos and not really set on one theme. We are open for any suggestions I have noticed alot of HH not set to one theme. Since its a small spot the past 2 years it has been good and rave reviews but we want to make it scarier any ideas we are opened too. Thanks

Comment

How would you set up this haunted house if we used a sleep away camp theme?

Comment

Working...
                              X