HAUNTED DREAMS LLC
    PRESENTS:
    Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror

PHONE:______________________

BY:

BRIAN

2-5-07

EXECUTIVE SUMMERY

Brian Rogers, in the research and response of the market conditions, will be forming HAUNTED DREAMS a LLC.
    February 5, 2007

Ø Opening opportunities for such entertainment exist in Washington County and its surrounding counties and cities.
    As demonstrated by the charity haunted attraction “Fright Farm” brought to you by the Ramsey County Sheriffs Dept., in Maplewood MN.

DEMOGRAPHICS

Ø Washington County is a growing community with large surrounding cites such as Woodbury, Oakdale, North St. Paul, Lake Elmo, Bayport, Mahtomedi, Pine Springs, Stillwater, and Oak Park Heights
    Ø The area of Washington County not only has a lot of residence and many school districts, but also offers a lot of retail/restaurants as well as the Lake Elmo Park Reserve, a tourist destination.

Here is a brief description of the demographics of Washington County, MN

Population: 224,857
    (+11.8% since 2000)
    (Source: 2005 Met. Council estimates 07/18/06)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projected Growth 2005-2030
    (Source: Met. Council Forecasts of Pop., Households, & Employ. 03/08/06)

New Residents Forecast: 140,713 (+62%)
    New Households Forecast: 63,872 (+28%)
    New Employees Forecast: 56,108 (+24%)
    Projected Population in 2030: 365,570
    Projected Employees: 128,550
    Projected Households: 145,517

Washington County School Districts
    And current students:

Independent School District 200
    Hastings: 279 students
    Independent School District 622
    North St. Paul/Maplewood/Oakdale: 5,400 students
    Independent School District 624
    White Bear Lake: 1,531 students
    Independent School District 831
    Forest Lake Area: 4,275 students
    Independent School District 832
    Mahtomedi: 2,963 students
    Independent School District 833
    South Washington County: 16,370 students
    Independent School District 834
    Stillwater Area: 9,083 students
    Independent School District 2144
    Chisago Lakes: 105 students

Total Students K-12: 40,006

The basic components of this plan are:

HAUNTED DREAMS LLC
    PRESENTS
    MR. HAUNT’S MAZE OF HORROR
    Or
    NIGHTMARES

Objectives:

Ø To provide Washington County and surrounding area, a safe and exiting experience.
    Ø A high quality haunted attraction at completive prices and professional customer service!
    Ø Advertise through local businesses both large and small
    Ø News paper’s and media
    Ø Web page’s
    Ø Branding through marketing efforts, resulting higher attendance and profit, allowing us to become better each year.

Corresponding goals:

Ø Sign sponsorship contracts by: Sept. 1st 2007
    Ø Sign one radio station contract by: Sept. 1st 2008
    Ø Have web site completed by: June 20th 2007
    Ø Have posters for distribution by Sept. 1st 2008
    Ø Have destination of attraction scheduled for next season(s)by: Nov. 1st 2007
    Ø Have storage contract signed by Sept. 1st 2007

Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror History

Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror was conceived after being a home haunter for the last five years and is currently in the process of being researched, planned and designed.
    We are currently are waiting approval form the Agriculture Board that over sees the Washington County Fairgrounds for use of building space and land.

Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror Description

We intend to offer a safe and exiting professional haunted attraction. We hope to be amongst the best-haunting experiences in Minnesota. This attraction will consist of talent and realism brought out by its actors, allusions, and sets, providing our spectators with a terrifying experience in the future to come. This attraction will posses all fire rated materials. Emergency exits every 50-75 feet as well as fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, emergency lighting, and trained emergency staff to secure a safe atmosphere for the attraction’s staff and paid visitors.

Ø Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror will be one of the best haunted attractions available with a reasonable price in the market
    Ø Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror will be one of the most realistic haunts with great attention to realism and set design in the Twin Cities
    Ø Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror currently is the third attraction available in the east metro area
    Ø Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror is combined with excellent management, design, and artistic skills

Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror will operate 4 weekends in October and on Halloween.
    Each season we will spend at least 10% to 20% of profits for new and improved sets so that your visit will be exiting and different each year. Part of that percent margin will also go to research and development. Why? Because in the fast changing nature of this industry, update’s and technology are needed to provide for a unique and safe experience.
    We have taken this as a long-term goal.

Services that will be provided:

In order to provided you with a unique and safe attraction, we will need to stay competitive with other haunts to provide outstanding customer service at the best possible price, we will hold commitments to the following:
    Ø Maintain a safe atmosphere while you are visiting our attraction
    Ø Maintain state-of-the-art props, sets, and allusions to maintain customer interests and to be committed to our customers for repeated business
    Ø Be one of the only haunted attractions in the area.

Objectives:

Long Term- As owner and operator of Haunted Dreams LLC; Mr. Haunt’s Maze of Horror, I believe that we need to improve in design, size, innovative, technical, financial, moral excellence, business and to also provide entertainment for those that are in wheelchairs.

Sort Term- we hope to market share goals (percentage of individuals in the target market) that we will attract to our haunted attraction

1st year- 25%
    2nd year- 50%
    3rd year-75%
    4th year- 100%

Ø We will spend most of our first season concentrating on the initial start up and production of our haunt.
    Ø Attend Halloween trade shows and conventions by budgeting for seminars and other haunt related education
    Ø We will also maintain a state-of-the-art accounting system along with close communications with a certified public accountant for our financial tracking.

Pricing:

Pricing will be determined by, research and polling of neighboring attractions to be fair and competitive. This will also be determined by our financial needs of overhead costs, after such we have determined that the market price to be $10.00 or $9.00 a person with a perishable food item for the food shelf.
    Children under the age of 12 will be $5.00

Research findings of admissions to the following attractions in a 15-mile radius:

Ramsey County Sheriffs Dept. Presents: Fright Farm,
    Maplewood MN:

$6.00 per person

Zywiec’s landscape and Garden Center Presents: Haunting Experience,
    Cottage Grove, MN:

$15.00 per person

I havent done one of these but I would suggest spell and grammar check.

-----------
    Ø Sign sponsorship contracts by: Sept. 1st 2007
    Ø Sign one radio station contract by: Sept. 1st 2008
    Ø Have web site completed by: June 20th 2007
    Ø Have posters for distribution by Sept. 1st 2008
    Ø Have destination of attraction scheduled for next season(s)by: Nov. 1st 2007
    Ø Have storage contract signed by Sept. 1st 2007

Shouldn't these all say 2007 and NOT 2008

--------------------------------------

Also I think you want the worl illusions and NOT allusions

allusions are:

The act of alluding; indirect reference: Without naming names, the candidate criticized the national leaders by allusion.

while illusions are:

1 An erroneous perception of reality.
    2 An erroneous concept or belief.
    3 The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.
    4 Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception.
    5 Illusionism in art.

Also when you wrote in the Services that will be provided portion of your plan you wrote:

"In order to provided you with a unique and safe attraction,"

Instead of provided it should read provide

--------------------------------------------------------

Just my 2 cents worth, just trying to help, other than that I think its good, but other people on here that have done one or many might tell ya differently. Good Luck!

~TheNightMare

Comment

WHEN I WROTE MINE I HAD IT FILLED WITH STATS REGARDING THE HALLOWEEN SEASON AND HOW MUCH $$ IT CAN BRING IN. YOU HAVE A GOOD START THOUGH. MAKE SURE IT LOOKS PROFESSIONAL AND SPELL CHECK!

SEAN
      Sean De Wane
      ----------------------------------------------
      The De Wane Asylum
      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sorry if there are miss spells, but if there are allot the computer did not catch them cause I did my plan in Microsoft Word.

Comment

Okay, this is going to sound a bit brutal but if you are using this to assist you in getting a loan or in attracting investors, that document is not going to cut it.

First off, it is clear that you have not done your homework. You shouldn't be saying, for example, that you are going to base your pricing on research not yet conducted. The business plan is exactly the place for that research. You want your reader to know that you have done your homework!

Some things that you need to include are:
          Who is the competition? (name them)
          How many people do the competition put through? How much to they charge? Are they growing, static or shrinking?
          How big will your attraction be compared to the competition?
          How much are you going to spend?
          How are you going to spend it?
          How are you going to market your haunt?
          How much will marketing cost?
          How many people do you need to put through to break even?
          How many people to you hope to put through in the first year?
          Where will you get your actors? How much will you pay them?
          Perhaps most importantly, you will have to explain the qualifications you have to run this business? They are investing in YOU, what makes that a good investment?

These are just a few of the things that I would want to see in a business plan before I would ever advise a client to consider investing.

I also think that you will need someone else to edit/proof this document, if not write it for you. There are numerous spelling, word usage, and grammatical errors. This simply won't fly in the business world. It looks unprofessional and does not reflect well on you as a businessperson and manager. I can't begin to describe how important that is.

I told you that it was going to be brutal. I am not trying to discourage you, but simply to let you know that you have a long way to go.

Good luck,

Dave
          Lords of Chaos, LLC
          House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Working...
          X