Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silicone gloves?

Hey,

I have worn silicone masks many times but never the arms/gloves. I was wondering are they hard to get on an off? How much do they enhance the overall look of a costume or it just as good wearing regular gloves?

Jake AKA Deathwing

Depends

It really just depends on what your role is and what type of gloves you are talking about. We have a couple of "creature reachers" that have the oversized long hands that really make the costume complete. Without these arms/gloves the costume just doesn't look right. However, from wearing them.....I found myself very frustrated because they dont have fingers or anything that you can move. I was in the que line so any time I needed to break the rope to get back out of the line or open a door or do anything I couldn't because of the hands. However, I catch most people looking at your eyes, hands, and feet to determine if you are "a real person" or not. With these gloves on people are positive that you are fake and it really adds to the scare when you're not!

Comment

They are much better than $20 monster hands

Comment

I'm not referring to $20 monster hands I'm referring to silicone hands being crucial or not? Are hands that important to the overall look?

Thanks SC fearfarm!

Jake

Comment

It depends on which silicone mask you are talking about- I think the silicone gloves that look like human hands are kind of a waste of $500- since your hands already look like human hands...hopefully.
          What is the rest of the costume? if you are wearing long sleeves then you are paying $500 for something you are only going to see 33% of.
          Zombies and Clowns are easy to make up your hands for so for those characters I wouldnt recommend them- unless you know you will never make up your hands, you will look stupid with fleshtone hands and a grey head- but its easy to make up your hands with make up.
          Some characters you can make your own silicone gloves for with this technique
          Allen H

OR
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
            I'm not referring to $20 monster hands I'm referring to silicone hands being crucial or not? Are hands that important to the overall look?

Thanks SC fearfarm!

Jake
            Well you did say compared to 'regular gloves'.

As far as silicone or bust, not necessary. You can make do without dropping $500, or follow allen's tutorial and make your own.

Comment

We used Alens technique to do an entire body suit this year. It worked great. Used it for our bungie jump guy of a platform. IMG_5604.jpg

Comment

Interesting body suit...

Can you make silicone UV reactive on a DIY scale, Alan? I've seen pro masks like that- so I assume yes- but how?

A variation of that body suit would be awesome in a dot room....
                How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Originally posted by RobfromErie View Post
                  Well you did say compared to 'regular gloves'.

As far as silicone or bust, not necessary. You can make do without dropping $500, or follow allen's tutorial and make your own.
                  Regular gloves, as in black gloves.

Thanks Allen that's information overload I can't wait to try this out.

Jake

Comment

"Alan? I've seen pro masks like that- so I assume yes- but how?"
                    We are headed seriously off topic here, but There are additives you can buy to add to the silicone that make it react to UV light. Here is a link,
                    Allen H
                    Sorry to throw your thread off course.
                    http://www.smooth-on.com/Silicone-Ru...128/index.html
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Silicone gloves

Hello all ~

I think what Deathwing is asking is .. in a way .. will the silicone ( Even wth Allens Tutorial ,, which is great) .. will the silicone stay "stuck" to what it is applied to .. (i.e spandex gloves or morph suit, etc.)

Meaning will it stay for regular "on/off" appalications..
                      Actualy that is what i was wonderintg as well .. before I decided to apply to certain fabrics ...

If it will stick .. whats the trick .. to get it to stay .. as well as for storage ..

Especially when it come to the possibilty of doing a "full suit".

Just guessing as to Deathwings specifics and my own curiosity.

~LoneWolf

Comment

We didnt have any trouble with it staying "stuck" on the body suit with the exception of one of the "bones" on the arm. But then we were using it on the bungee jump so he was getting pretty aggressive with it. All I did was use a little more silicone and stick it back on so it was no big deal.

Comment

Sorry Allen. Thats not the worst you've been called is it? lol

Have you seen these UV pigments in person? I'm curious just how bright they fluoresce in silcone? I mean compaired to your typical dot room colors.

Sorry for the derail!
                          How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Working...
                          X