Indiana Haunts - Read This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Haunts - Read This

If your an Indiana based haunted attraction, new or pre-existing, and are dealing with the issues of the Department of Homeland Security Fire Codes, drop me an email at relics@hauntersdigest.com. With the latest debates about having to put a sprinkler in your building or not and how best to comply with the proposed changes / amendments to the IC's for next year, I would like to talk with as many Indiana based haunts in regards to this.

Thanks
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

I contacted my state rep's office last week about the sprinkler code and just got a reply from them today. They said that the Department of Homeland Security plans to provide a grandfather clause exempting existing haunted houses from the rule. My only concern now is that we don't own a building so we may not be in the same place next year as we have been. This is something that may need to be addressed depending on whether or not they will limit the grandfather clause to a building or the corporation that runs the haunt.

Comment

I will help in any way possible. While I am an attorney, building codes is absolutely not my forte. I do support this effort and would like to assist if needed. I know Brett Molitor is also working on this issue.
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

need to get a group together

When we were inspected this year, my state regional official and I got into a discussion about the 2011 letters from the Indiana Dept of Homeland Security. He encouraged a dialogue and meeting between the haunts and the top guy in the dept. He mentioned that they meet on a regular basis with the fireworks sellers and others and the haunts should not be afraid to do the same. He also asked a lot of questions and took notes that seemed to be part of the data gathering that the last letter from them said would be done in 2011.

Look forward to setting this up and I will be contacting Indiana haunts for this.

If you have a hautn in Indiana, contact me at brett[MENTION=738]JamBam[/MENTION].com .

Thanks
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X