drug use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drug use

if you know that your actor(s) or other staff members use drugs on their off time. do you still keep them around?

as long as they share

Comment

Originally posted by wipp
      as long as they share
      :roll: :roll:

Comment

Generally, we don't. Drug use in most of our eyes is for losers and we try to make our haunt as positive as possible. I'm sure there are a few but as long as we don't see or hear about it we will keep them. It's really important trying to have a good image to your staff and more importantly to your guests and create a positive atmosphere, and destroying your mind and body has no positives from what I can see.

My opinions,

Allan

Comment

Jason, that is a good question. It's a hard one to answer. I would say no go. If they were to get busted in or around your haunt, this could make you look bad.

Brian

Comment

This can be a touchy subject. If we have conclusive evidence of drug use, on or off site, then they are gone. We will not cut someone use due to rumor. Especially if you use teens in the haunt, you need parents to know that the place is safe and has responsible supervision. If rumors of drug use at the haunt start going around (and you may not hear about it if they do), parents, as well as potential customers, will be concerned.

Dave
            Lords of Chaos, LLC
            House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

well seriously tho,how can you stop somone from doing something on their own time?especially when your help is a volunteer.even if you were to pay them,you only use actors once a year for a month.i highly doubt you should pry into someones life for a month of free or underpaid labor.if i were to see it,or know he/she is high then i would dismiss them.but other than that i wouldnt even ask because its truly none of my bisiness

Comment

"OK, let's see, you worked 47 hours for me @ $7.oo per/hour, so with withholding for the Haunted House Owner's Retirement Fund, here's your check for $2.35."
                "Duh? I thought I would be getting alittle bit more than that?"
                "Well, run it through your drug-induced lack of mental capacity again and you will see that I'm figuring it right."
                "OK."

Drugs-Make then "work" for you.

I saw the "Faces Of Meth" poster yesterday. It has photos of people from beginning their habit to the ending of their lives a few years later, WOW!
                Talk about creepy, deadly looking Zombies!
                Very stupid, very sad.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

here ya go jim http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugI.../photo_12.html

Comment

i really have no tolerence with drug users. thankfully, the haunt i work for has no tolerence for drugs as well. i hear and see particualr actors that make drug related comments to which it seems that's all they have in life..or as if that's the only way they can get a high in life and just makes me rool my eyes. THERE"S MORE TO LIFE PEOPLE!! :roll:

i could go on about such a topic but i'm not hear to preach. i'll just end my point by saying that there are much better things in life to do then waste money on drugs and alcohol. (this has been a public service announcment)

Comment

We go for the dont ask dont tell policy. If you show up under the influence or we find any drugs on you at the haunt your gone. What our volunteers do on their own time is their business but at the same time we dont want it to negativily inpact the haunt.

Sean
                      Sean De Wane
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      The De Wane Asylum
                      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Meth isn't a popular drug in mexico, but I know a lot of people who smoke marijuana and do coke, and I must say, they are not safe to work with.
                        I was myself drowning in alcoholism when I was a teenager, because of all the troubles at home and school, and I wasn't a good worker.
                        Drugs turn a coworker into a ticking time-bomb, they steal money to buy their fix, they don't pay attention to work (that's dangerous if you are working with heavy weights or machinery) and they often can pass out/fall asleep at work, and many other things, I do not recomend to work with drugged persons under ANY circumstances. How do I know this? let's just say that I am a 'scum magnet' I don't even bother in going out of my house the weekends anymore.

If you have employees on drugs I'd say you fire them, but it wouldn't be fair for them, cause sometimes they aren't bad people, so the best you can do is to talk with them, let them know you have an eye on them and give them another chance, you know: "quit the drugs or leave my property" if they keep drugging then just get rid of them, if you see they remain clean for quite some time then give them rewards (money, gifts, food... whatever) if you see an employee drugging at work or comming drugged to work then just fire them.
                        http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

HMM

Wow some strong feelings toward drugs.....

I do them every day of my life! Yep 1 pill for my high blood pressure to keep me from exploding and 1 for my stomach to keep the acid at a minimum....stress it does a body good!

Now.....all the people who say no fire them.......I have a question
                          Do you drink booze? Beer or anything like it?
                          That also at one time in this USA was frowned upon by alot of people.
                          It was also illegal.

Does it really matter if Joey smoked a joint 3 days ago? NO it doesn't effect me
                          Does it really matter if Joey smokes a joint at your haunt? Oh YES he could be stupid trip fall and smash his face in or a customer...hell yes it matters.

If we find someone at our haunt doing drugs or drinking we usually send them home(only happened 2 times). We are not the police nor are we perfect so we can't be judge and jury. People make mistakes, people make bad choices....we all have we all WILL. There is only 1 time in life you will be judged and I can only hope that when my time comes they have a sense of humor.
                          Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

I hear you Ken, but sometimes you have to make a point. I don't do drugs, drink alcohol, it's all a waste of time, money, and good health to me. My haunt is my business and if you want people to believe in the goals of the haunt they too should adapt to the rules. I'd rather be a leader and set a positive example if there an opportunity to do so, I feel running my haunt is an opprtunity to do just that. A lot of the younger actors look up to those older ones. You can do more for people while running a haunt than employing them and giving them something to do to kill time, you can help or inspire them too.
                            Allan

Comment

I agree with a lot of Ken's points.

This thread seems to fail to make distinctions between different types of drug use - I know a lot of stoners - they in no way let it dictate their life. They are normal people. You need to realize that many people won't admit their extra curricular activities to people who are walking DARE billboards. I think there is a big distinction between someone who smokes pot and someone who does meth or shoots heroine. It's not fair, in my opinion, to lump them all together. Pot is legal for medicinal purposes and in Amsterdam afterall...I hate the stereotypes.

You also need to realize that recreational drug use (yes, I believe there is a difference between a habitual user and a recreational user) is everywhere. It's not limited to an age group or a profession. I know a lot of high ranking professionals that may smoke up. Do I think it impacts their work or makes them less of a person? No. I personally like martinis and I feel like as long as I'm not sipping on them while I'm working (at a haunt or otherwise) then that's my right. It's all about moderation and timing. I don't think your haunt actors should be in their scene doing drugs or drinking but what they do in their own time is their business.

I would imagine a bigger problem in haunts is those underage teens getting their hands on cigarettes during "breaks." You can't be everywhere....

At any rate, we all have our addictions (they may be perfectly legal too - caffeine - exercise - work - whatever) and indiscretions. I think morals are subjective - Live and let live.

How ironic that I'm posting this reply 4/20.... :idea:

Comment

Working...
                              X