Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know Where???

Building an areana for our laser tag.

Looking for alien spaceship items/weapons/pods and want to build an alien chamber tank.

Anyone know where to get LARGE clear plastic tubes?
    I priced acrylic and it very pricey.

Thanks in Advance!

John
    XtremeCreators LLC
    Last edited by xtremecreator; 11-12-2011, 07:18 AM.

I have fought with this alot in the past, the best fix for me has always been to do a half tube display with the creature against a solid back. Then you can use clear petg or any sheet plastic to bend around into the display tube.
    I know it isint what you want to hear, but thats how I have always had to do it.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Maybe instead of one giant tube it is a cardboard concrete sonotune for casting pillons and round achors, then cut out sections to be fitted with full face shield plastic shields. The surrounding areas can make it look like the windows have lots of bolts or rivets and there could be 3 or more windows per alien body.

Another possibility is Goodyear Industrial suppliers have clear soft plastic panels that are normally the cold room entry curtain material that have slits in it. When it is new it is not slitted, solid panels, the thickness of a truck mud flap (about 1/8th inch) and very clear. Two roundy things of plywood and tack it around.

I think the littler windows would be spookier because you have to look directly into it to see the alien and it doesn't have to be a full body that way, It would be cheap enough to have many of these chambers.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Thanks Allen & Chris,

Yea I thought of that idea as well and was trying to see if anyone can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
        thanks again.

John
        XtremeCreators LLC

Comment

I've looked too & have been dismayed about the costs.. the price of all plastics has risen :/
          One thing I have run across is vertical fiberglass tanks sold for fish farms. Not 100% visibility, but close enough & the cost isn't quite as high.
          & Yep, rolling or constructing your own is probably the cheapest way.
          You might aslo check for any exhibit companies or theatres or films getting rid of props/set dressing

Here's the link I was checking:
          http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategor...nsparent-Tanks
          Last edited by Banshee; 11-13-2011, 08:25 AM.
          missjayne
          Netherworld Haunted Attractions
          http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

An Inflatable Laser Tag

Was given to a man, it had been packed away in a semi trailer for a few years, one of 3? made. It was set up near my house one October. I', m not sure if it was a bargain even being free since it was alot of labor and time to haul around, ex cetra.
            It did very insignificant "business" being set up here.
            The deal was not my idea.
            He thought he could run the 3 or 4 blowers, plus lights, plus the gun rechargers from one 130 foot drop cord .
            Wishfull thinking will not make electricity flow the way you need it to.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Don't let the scientists know we have invented a thinner for electricity!?!
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Hey John,

Where did you get your laser tag stuff from?? The attraction I work for are looking into ways to get year round use out of the building, and that came up as a possibility, but so did about a thousand other things, just checking out ideas/possibilities. Thanks!!

Comment

Check this out

Hey John,

Say this on EBay and thought this is exactly what you would want. The price is crazy But they have a make an offer and I've gotten some items super cheap by using the option and the seller accepting my offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fish-Tank-Al...7#ht_500wt_922

Good luck,

Dan Augusto
                  Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Bob,

We did our homework on this one and we wanted the most bang for the buck.

We just ordered our system with lazer Force. Just the system, we are doing everything else ourselves.

Dan, Thats a great prop! Its Pricey! Ill shoot a rediculious offer......Thanks

The price of acrylic these days......I bet the acrylic cylinder is half of that price! Just kidding.....

Thanks, John
                    XtremeCreators LLC

Comment

Working...
                    X