Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does IAAPA offer discounts to Haunters or to HAA members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does IAAPA offer discounts to Haunters or to HAA members?

$309 per person is pretty steep, especially if a few people are going.

NO...

If you are a member of IAAPA you get a discount to the shows, events, etc. but if you are just joining to go to the show then I think its still about as cheap just to pay to get into the show. It is a HUGE show that takes days to walk through......but in my opinion if you're just going for haunt stuff then it is probably not worth the money to take a bunch of people. If you want to be inspired with creativity and see new products, new concession items, theme park stuff......then it is the best show in the world, but for the limited amount of haunt vendors that show up you may be disappointed in your investment.

Comment

Originally posted by spookologist View Post
      $309 per person is pretty steep, especially if a few people are going.
      best way to do it is find a fellow exhibitor with an extra slot or two and register you as a booth helper ;-)
      sigpic
      The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

What a lot and I mean a LOT of haunt buyers do is talk to a vendor they know and get a badge. The problem there is the card you get for swiping in vendors booths is the address of the vendor you got the badge from. Pointless now until next year. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Iaapa

This was about my 10th IAAPA in a row and it seemed like this year was a smaller show in overall space but there was a LOT to look at because more vendors were crammed in. I previously posted that there were limited haunt vendors.....and there still were not many, but a few showed up and it looked like they had a good response. I saw people watching pale nights booth everytime I walked by and Scarefactory had a laser shooting gallery with 25 or more moving animations that you shot with lasers complete with air cannons and lights.....there were a few more too like fright props, darklight, and edge designs....I think there were more just can't remember it all......but also some that usually show up didnt....like Morris costumes.....However, after it was all said and done I left inspired and excited to get back to work on the haunt and I had a great time.....Larry had a nice booth set up too.....and I met him face to face for the first time.....and I did see several other haunt shirts walking around. I still say if you are complaining about the 50 bucks to see transworld, a show dedicated to haunted houses, then the 300 dollar show isn't for you, but......if you're looking to take your show to the next level and wonder how some of the big guys do what they do at their show.....IAAPA might be for you. Heck, and its a tax write off!

Comment

My input...

For years we were members of IAAPA and paid big bucks. Then for years we used vendor passes - free but tough explaining to vendors. Now there is a new way to go. Usually there is a special show only cheap ticket. This year for Friday only it was $39. For Friday and Thursday it was $59.

Since we went just Friday ( Kids had school all week!) It worked out great. I couldn't find it on the website this year but I called and asked. Don't know if it includes education but there you have it... an inexpensive solution.

Thanks!
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
            X