Strobe Light Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strobe Light Help

im looking for a place that will sell me strobe lights at a discounted rate if i buy a lot of strobe lights also how many stobes should i buy for a 2400sq ft haunted attractions .

What kind strobes to buy mini or big ones or both

what brands ???

Led or Bulb???

Thanks this going be my first haunted house in 2012 i was thinking about 50-100 strobes the most being in my body bag room.

Please help thanks

strobes
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Personally, I dig the LED strobes. Musicians Friend has a decent price with free shipping. Call a rep, they might give you a deal on a bulk purchase. Check the vendors/sponsors list on the convetion websites, they might deal with you as well. No clue how many you'll need for that size, not sure what the layout is, etc.
      Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Really, that's a question only you can answer. I mean, it really depends on how many rooms you have that will need that effect. You may end up with a lot of rooms with just LED spot lighting. Too many strobes can overdo it as well. I do no more than 2 to a room in my home haunts / parties. If you do two, always set one faster, imo it looks the best. But just barely faster.

LED's should last longer, but I'm not sure on the strength of them. May buy one and compare. I like the low lit rooms over the strobes tbh. However, If you have 10 rooms, I'd say go with about 3-4 with strobes unless you got a static with sound you want strobed. Other than that I'd say 6-8 for the rooms and a few for backup. I don't know how many rooms you would have with that much footing.

Also take into heart, that I like to show off my props and anything I'm proud of, usually doesn't get strobed. Except for my Zombies. I have a few that are static and 5'6 tall with strobes and "BRAINS" that kicks in off an mp3 with powered speakers. ALL of my zombies are usually strobed and set out by themselves. With that said, I'm not very strobe heavy usually.

Hope this may help, but we're all here posting idears right?

Dewayne

Comment

Also to be considered is strobe light pollution. What I mean by that is if you are in an old store or warehouse with tall ceilings, or your haunt doesn't have much space between rooms, the strobes' light will spill over into other places - potentially ruining the effect of that room. I once had to run black out cloth 6 feet above my room walls so that I could darken the room enough for a shadow effect because of a strobe that was in another room some 30+ feet away. Of course, that wouldn't have been a problem if we would have had 8 or 9 foot ceilings.

Personally, I like directed strobes in secluded places. Aim them so that they "snowblind" the customers enough to steal their night vision. We visited Erebus this year (for research, of course!) and noticed that they used overhead TV monitors with bright "video feeds" that in effect did the same thing. Funny thing was, even as a haunt actor, I didn't realize that's what was happening for the first couple of times! (Kudos to Erebus on that one).

Our haunt has virtually eliminated strobes in favor of colored LED lighting. Sure we still use some strobes, but not nearly as many as in past years. You can really create a specific mood with colored LEDs.
          Chad Portenga
          www.hauntedhall.com

Comment

Working...
          X