Poll for Thanksgiving!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll for Thanksgiving!!!

Ok question 1 is...... is it." Stuffing " or " Dressing" here in the South we have dressing with our Turkey dinner it's baked in a seperate dish!
    Ok question 2 is....... to "deep fry " or " to bake " in the South both is done but I love mine baked...
    Ok question 3 is....... To " brine " or " prep" I like it smothered in tons of butter, black pepper, salt and baked plain andsimple with a crispy skin!!! Shane and it's a fun topic! Shane

sigpic

undress her, then stuff her... ooooh your talking about turkeys.
    Tim McCall

Comment

Dressing

I like my Dressing raw....a get a bowl of it before it is baked!
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

For us here at the Gray house we call it stuffing. I do put the stuffing inside the turkey but what ever is left over I place in a dish and bake it along with the turkey. We bake don't fry. I'm with you Shane, we like lots of butter to make a great crispy skin. We here at Graystone Haunted Manor wish eveyone a wonderful, safe and very happy Thanksgiving!!!! Hope to see all of you in March!

Much Love!
        Sue
        http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Up here in the NW, I have heard both dressing and stuffing, but stuffing is more common. Whatever it is called, you won't find it at my house this year, as we have gone Primal.

Brining makes all the difference. While you can make a great fried turkey, we usually do baked. And yes, with lots of butter, both under the skin and to baste.
          Lords of Chaos, LLC
          House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Jonathan

Originally posted by Jonathan Clifton View Post
            I like my Dressing raw....a get a bowl of it before it is baked!
            I got a buddy who does that!!! I like a taste or two but not a bowl! Shane, now a bowl of batter would rock! Shane
            sigpic

Comment

ThanksGiving

Question1..... Stuffing is in the bird dressing is baked separately and we do both.

Question2...... Fried is good once in a while or if you are doing more than one bird, But Baked is the way to go without question and butter under and on top of the skin with garlic and herbs

Question3...... We do not brine our but we debone our whole turkey and put some nice apple and sausage stuffing in the middle roll it up and bake it. In every slice you get both white and dark meat and the dark meat moistens the white meat to perfection. And we use fresh turkey never frozen.

Shawn
              http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

well you know I call it stuffing ...

Comment

Dressing, and it is never stuffed into the turkey, it pull the moisture out of the turkey and dries out the meat. I stuff onions, apples, oranges, a stick of butter, and garlic bulbs in mine.

I bake mine, it has to have crispy skin (best part) , I bake uncovered for an hour and then cover, last hour baked uncovered again. I rub mine with oil, salt, pepper, and fresh gralic. Sometimes Tomy Chachere's Cajun spice mix. I have never brined mine.

Daddy used to like when mom would make a separate pan of oyster dressing!

KroneDaddy
                  Hauntus Emeritus
                  Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                  Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

57 years old.... always called it stuffing..............STUFFING ? I'm STAYIN" !!!!

sincerely hope you are feeling better, and happy thanksgiving to you....(and your entire family) thanks for all the great posts and tour bus photos and stories and ALL YOU DO for this halloween/ haunt business !!!! wishing you only the best for the holidays !!!!!! Chuck

Comment

I take the family to my Dad's fishing cottage at Atlantic Beach NC every Thanksgiving week. I'll go out early Wednesday morning with a throw net and attempt to catch a few pounds of green shrimp. Then those shrimp will be used to catch a few small pinfish or croaker that will bait the crab pots. The kids love to catch their own dinner. If fishing is slow for the rest of Wednesday, I'll set out the flounder net. If all goes according to plan, by Thursday morning I'll have fresh shrimp, crab, and maybe a couple of flounder, croaker, or trout for the 'traditional' dinner. Just in case the fishing is bad, we buy a very small turkey breast that goes in the smoker sometime on Wednesday afternoon.

On Friday while everyone is cramming the malls, we'll be watching Santa come sailing into the Beaufort (NC) docks on a boat and let the kids talk to him followed by hanging out at the Dockhouse watching the sun go down over oysters on the half shell and a bottle of Texas Pete.

santa.jpg

We're not much for the traditional Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a happy one...

http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Working...
                      X