Multiple ticket add on's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple ticket add on's

Hello Campers. So this year I bought a "Last Ride" from haunt enterprises and had a multi ticket option on my ticket. I paid for that thing this season. Loved it. Anyway I would like to add another new ticket add on for 2012. I am looking for some ideas from you guys on what to add? What have you used? What do you recommend? I currently have the main haunt which is about 8000 sq ft and the coffin ride. Appreciate the feedback.

Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Hey Chaos,
    Have you ever thought of adding a spook show / seance show? We designed and installed an interactive haunt parlor for Spookywoods in NC. You can read more about it on our website: www.darktecheffects.com/shows-morbid.html

These shows can be as simple or complex as you need. Depending on your space we can design an intimate show for 8-10 guests, or for a larger theatrical show we can set it up as a small theater. A seance show can be themed to fit any attraction as we custom write a script. This is a great way to cross promote your other attractions. Imagine if the story for your haunted house flows over into a seance show where guests can get an up close and personal visit from a spirit of your main character? The show can easily be updated every year with new effects or even a different storyline. This will give your guests an extra sensory experience that will help your bottom line.

Here are two quotes regarding our seance attraction in Spookywoods:
    "Morbid Curiosity, was WELL WORTH it. My daughter was so scared she was stiff, wouldn't turn around, and had my fingers in a death grip." -Mary Doyle

"OMG Morbid Curiosity really freaked us out and set the mood for the rest of the haunt!" -Sabrina Ralston

Some other options may be a photo-op or even a monster mini-golf. Just some thoughts!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch!
    Best,
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Last edited by beardedbil; 11-22-2011, 10:54 PM.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

T shirt ticket!
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Hey Chaos,

Bill brought up photo ops. They are not a multi ticket item but great marketing. We have a couple things to talk about anyway. So, remind me of photo ops. we can talk more about it when you call. And give me a call at your easliest convenience. We have lots to plan.
        But suffice it to say. Photo ops really make people happy and can help boost your social media exposure and your word of mouth popularity.

Zombie Paint Ball or Lazer tag is a great multi-ticket item to add.
        And the easiest way to set it up is to hire a local paint ball company who is pro and insured to run it, and split the profit with you so you don't have any upfront expenses.
        You might even be able to get them excited enough they will buy their own props and lighting.

Are you looking to add more events. Like other attractions?
        Or adding selling merchandise and adding vendors.
        How about a carnival type midway with games your customers can play. This works best with timed ticketing.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Hey Allen

Whats a TSHIRT ticket?
          Capt.Chaos
          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

What I have done in the past with my Airbrushing at events is if you pay like $10 more at entrance, you get a Tshirt ticket, You could either go get a screen printed shirt for free or I'd airbrush your shirt for you for the ticket. It'd have to be a $16 design or cheaper.

At the end of the day, I'd turn in all my tickets for the cash we'd agreed upon. I usually got paid $600 up front + 80% of funds for the shirt ticket prices.

Comment

how does a free t-shirt on a $10 ticket yield any profit for the venue?

Comment

A tshirt ticket is a combo pass that includes a tshirt- it isin the same price as a regular ticket, its more. If your reg ticket is $20, then a T shirt ticket is $27 or $30, as long as the tshirts in your gift shop are $20 or so. Make the tshirt appear to be a deal, but keep it double your cost. You should be able to get them for around $5 with sufficient quantity.
                Allen H
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
                  how does a free t-shirt on a $10 ticket yield any profit for the venue?
                  Um you misread. I said "... if you pay like $10 more at entrance" that's $10 MORE for a ticket. Making a $12 event $22 w/ up to $7 savings on the shirt.

Comment

Capt. Chaos,
                    You could include like a freak show or side show of some sort. Or do like carnival games/midway rides of some sort. For the right price you could hire a smaller carnival to come out and just split the profits or figure out a deal. or if you have many food vendors add additonal 10$ to the ticket and have that be like a prepaid voucher for food. Have like contests at your attraction like have an xbox game contest like gears of war or something. A skateboarding contest, bands , Jasons woods in PA Does a dj contest and some do like an american idol contest. This will give your guests more to enjoy / participate in and you could generate lots of popularity points and future revenue.

Comment

Cool ideas

Tshirt ticket. I thought of that this year but will implement next year. I am toying with the idea of adding some Pale Night videos and making that into a side attraction. For example that chainsaw one in it's OWN little scene and charge a $2 fee. I have heard people do well with a blackout maze. I'm not really into them but if customers like them? I am pretty sold hat the multi ticket is the way to go. In my other business's we do package deals and they are always better on the bottom line.
                      Capt.Chaos
                      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                        A tshirt ticket is a combo pass that includes a tshirt- it isin the same price as a regular ticket, its more. If your reg ticket is $20, then a T shirt ticket is $27 or $30, as long as the tshirts in your gift shop are $20 or so. Make the tshirt appear to be a deal, but keep it double your cost. You should be able to get them for around $5 with sufficient quantity.
                        Allen H
                        TOTALLY agree w/ Allen. Tons of haunts offer combo tix... I also like Ticket + Concessions combo tix (Ex: A ticket that's "loaded" to include a hot dog & drink, etc). It's a value to the buyer because all of the items are cheaper than if they bought them in-person, BUT it's an online up-sell... and many haunts tell me that when people by the combo tix online, that the patrons actually end up spending even more money at the haunt because they have more cash on them.
                        sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

"...and many haunts tell me that when people by the combo tix online, that the patrons actually end up spending even more money at the haunt because they have more cash on them."

ABSOLUTELY HEAD ON!!! The earlier you sell tickets (online) the more chances folks will have MORE money than what they THOUGHT they had to spend on it previously. I do it, everyone I know does it "well, we've already got the tickets, so let's not think about that money... Honey can I have a Tshirt?" lol.

It's just easier to spend money that way. It's already a load off the instant mind of "gawsh I just spent $40 on tickets.. I don't wanna spend $15 more on a tshirt" usually it's "ahh, sure why not"

I plan on having online ticketing, but right now I'm just focused on my budget and getting going for my first year.

Comment

Ticketleap

Yeah Lee. I am glad I jumped on board with you last year. It did better then I thought BUT loading it on FBook was not as easy as you said and we never did it. You owe me a beer for that one.LOL. Anyway we will be getting it on the web and I Che ked with my TShirt guy. I'm not sure I can justify the tshirt thing. I'm not sure my market will support the upsell to get a tshirt. I'm not sure I want to stick my neck out for 500 tshirts.
                            I also am looking at that new shooting gallery from Scarefactory. Look up scare factory shooting gallery on you tube. I havent figured out how to cash flow that thing yet. It's cool but$$$$$

Chaos
                            Capt.Chaos
                            Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Hey Buck! Glad to hear things went well this past season! The marketing tools & FB integration are awesome, we'll make it happen next season. As for a beer on me... Grab me at Transworld, I'll have a beer waiting with CHAOS written on it!!! lol.
                              sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

Working...
                              X