How much do you spend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you spend?

Hey everyone, new to the forums here, thought I'd start with a simple question....

How many haunts did you attend this year? How much did you spend in total on admission?
    Bryce Ring
    Co-owner/ Designer
    Twisted Realms Haunted House

Don't really know what you're looking for, but most everyone on here is a haunt owner and probably never have time to visit other haunts and if they do, I doubt they pay. If you're looking to see what to charge because you're opening a haunt in the future. Look at as many haunt websites as possible within a 50 mile radius, break the categories into single attractions and multi haunt attractions. Look at regular admission, VIP admission, coupon values, group tickets, add each category up and divide by haunts and get the average for each group. Once you have the numbers, see where you fit in so you don't over/under price your haunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Spooktakular View Post
      Don't really know what you're looking for, but most everyone on here is a haunt owner and probably never have time to visit other haunts and if they do, I doubt they pay. If you're looking to see what to charge because you're opening a haunt in the future. Look at as many haunt websites as possible within a 50 mile radius, break the categories into single attractions and multi haunt attractions. Look at regular admission, VIP admission, coupon values, group tickets, add each category up and divide by haunts and get the average for each group. Once you have the numbers, see where you fit in so you don't over/under price your haunt.
      What he said. Those us who aren't haunt owners are looking for become them too.

Comment

I visited 8 this yer.

Chambers of Horror - Middletown, OH - $10
        USS Nightmare - Newport, KY - $16
        Dent Schoolhouse - Cincinnati, OH - $30 (went VIP)
        Lewisburg Haunted Cave - Lewisburg, OH - $13
        Eastern State Penetentiary - Philadelphia, PA - $30
        Fright Factory - Philadelphia, PA - $30
        Bates Motel - Glen Mills, PA - $60(vip)
        Pennhurst Asylum - Spring City, PA - $60(vip)

Comment

Halloweekends at Cedar Point - $40
          Dimensions Of Darkness in Toledo, OH - $10
          Terror Town in Toledo, OH - $33
          The Deadland in Warren, MI - $10 (opening weekend special)
          Erebus in Pontiac, MI - $23
          Chelsea Feargrounds in Chelsea, MI - $17
          St Lucifer's Haunted Asylum & 13 Feet Under in Flint, MI - $25
          The Scream Machine in Taylor, MI - $10 (opening weekend special)
          Terrorfied Forest & Manor in Pinckney, MI - $25

I think that's all we did this year.

$193, not including the people I dragged along with me to these places.

Comment

Those "Real" Questions.

Did all of these haunts mentioned see enough money coming in to satisfy their needs? The amount of the ticket doesn't really matter if this happens and the owner(s) are "Happy".
            How many may have increased their ticket price.. and they felt their numbers were then down? Down enough to eliminate the extra dollars you tried to get?
            Did customer complaints about the ticket price seem to increase? As each family dollar becomes more precious the whining may mathematically increase.
            Then the off-season worry.. did we price ourselves away from too many patrons who will not be coming here next fall?
            The first price-list poster spent $249 on the tickets, how much more for gas, souveneers and possibly parking?
            The second price-poster brought others along. Did they contribute towards any expenses? How much did it really cost to go "Haunt-Seeing"? I only ask this because many customers might also be looking in their wallets and statements and making next season's plans....
            We haunt owners are all pretty much in the same boat. Sometimes you really never know the right or wrong of some decsions until long after the fact.
            Many years ago I had to be beat on the head before I tried raising the ticket from $2 to $3!
            On a very positive note:I did notice over the years, as the ticket price would increase that I would seem to leave more and more of the staggering drunks out of the scheme, financially.
            "Yippee!"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

13 Total-
              Barrett's Haunted Mansion (Abington, MA)- $18
              Trail of Terror (Wallingford, CT)- $20 VIP (An absolute steal I might add)
              Haunted Hill (Cumberland, RI)- $12
              Haunted Labyrinth (Cranston, RI)- $10
              Haunted Acres NH (Candia, NH)- $25
              Kevin McCurdy's Haunted Mansion (Poughkeepsie, NY)- $25
              Factory of Terror (Fall River, MA)- $18
              Asylum of Horror (Fall River, MA)- $18
              Fear at Fenway (Boston, MA)- $20 (Student discount)
              The Lemp Brewery (St. Louis, MO)- $34 Combo
              The Darkness (St. Louis, MO)-
              The Beast (Kansas City, MO)- $42 Combo
              Edge of Hell (Kansas City, MO)-

Total- $222
              Obviously not including travel expenses (gas, airfare, lodging, etc)

This was also in addition to working a haunt Fri and Sat nights.
              Mike Quill
              Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

God Thing, Mike.

You didn't try to land at The Ravens Grin Interintentional airport, we was so socked in none of the local Witches even warmed up their brooms to try and leave here.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X