Foam Masonry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Masonry

Here the Powerhouse of Terror crew are working on some easy DIY foam columns for our zombie jail. Let us know what you think!! Have any comments on improvements we could make?Any tutorials about special fx make-up, haunted house room design and build, actor training tips or anything you would like to see let us know!! We would love to hear your opinions!! Thanks for watching!

Halloween how to, tips and 101 on haunted house set design, haunt building and horror make-up. Find inexpensive and creative ways to scare and get the best reactions for your event. Melissa McKnight and Jason Dasti are the two talents that created Haunt Ventures and run the powerhouse of terror in the GTA

I would almost kill for a shop the size of yours! The masonry project looks awesome so far.

Comment

re: foam masonry

Originally posted by James Wilson View Post
      I would almost kill for a shop the size of yours! The masonry project looks awesome so far.
      We are pretty lucky. It's top notch. It's really helpful to have a large work space especially when creating an entire room for the haunt when we don't have access to our location all year long. The masonry project is coming along nicely. We are quite proud of the results so far and are excited for the finished product in our haunted house. We will definitely keep posting our progress. If there is anything you would like to see, let us know! Whether it be more build related, special fx make-up tutorials, or any how-to videos you think would be helpful. We have over 140 videos on our youtube channel ( youtube.com/hauntityourself ) of everything from yard sale vlogs, fast and affordable DIY tips and tricks, to creating our facade etc.. If there's something you're interested in seeing more of feel free to tell us and we will gladly do our best to film something. Thanks so much for watching and we look forward to sharing with you.

Halloween how to, tips and 101 on haunted house set design, haunt building and horror make-up. Find inexpensive and creative ways to scare and get the best reactions for your event. Melissa McKnight and Jason Dasti are the two talents that created Haunt Ventures and run the powerhouse of terror in the GTA

Comment

How-To Mouldy Wall Panels

Hey guys! Here is an episode of Hauntventures where we share some tips and tricks for creating a really cool mouldy effect on the wall panels in your haunted house. Let us know what you think!

Comment

Foam masonry complete tutorial

Hey guys!! Here is a complete step by step tutorial for the finished brick columns we made for our 2012 haunted house. Let us know what you think and also post some pictures or videos if you did a project similar to this one. We would love to see them!! The foam masonry we were working on here, will be used in our 2012 haunted house as jail cells. These columns could essentially be used in almost any haunted house. Thanks for watching!!!

Comment

Coating

I did some foam brick walls last season. Was wondering if you are using anything for a protective coating and if so what.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Very nice videos. Do you guys have a website for us to check out?
              Joshua
              www.hauntedprints.com
              info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

foam coating

Originally posted by Karl Berger View Post
                I did some foam brick walls last season. Was wondering if you are using anything for a protective coating and if so what.
                Hey Karl,

We don't coat it with anything, any of the coatings I have seen a pretty expensive or add too much weight. Hot foam factory sells a sealer. You can also monster mud the foam or dryloc it. We normally just use a hot gun over the whole surface to create a more distressed look but it also hardens the foam. I also found a fiberglass coating that works with foam (won't melt it) but the name escapes me (you can check out plastic specialty shops). In the end it is still foam so it will only be so strong even with any coatings.

Thanks for watching!

HIY Productions

Comment

HIY Website

Originally posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
                  Very nice videos. Do you guys have a website for us to check out?
                  Hello,

I only have my haunt website right now (http://charityhaunt.ca/), but we hope to have the hiyproductions.com site up within the next month. I will post it up when we have it up!

Anything specific you are looking for?

Thanks for watching!!
                  HIY Productions

Comment

Working...
                  X