X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know SF zombie shooter cost?

Anyone??????

Anyone know SF zombie shooter cost?

Yep. Are you sitting down? About $86,000 for the videp version. Minus all options about $45,000. Its cool but $$$$

Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

What exactly is this? Anyone have a link to a retailer? I did a google search with no helpful results.

Comment

SF Zombie Shooter

I think this is it.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtwTM...layer_embedded

Comment

86k???? That's not possible? Even at 45k it would take you 3 seasons to have had seen a return on investment?
          6min $5 season * 3people * 10 seasions = $150/hr provided its completely full which is 300hrs or 60days figuring a 5hr opening per day.

Comment

Its defianately a cool prop.
            Not sure what scarefactory is thinking on the main character.

The whole time this charater is talking .......your losing money.

To much time lapse between games.

John
            XtremeCreators

Comment

Scare shoot

I have been in touch with David from Scarefactory and have price sheet in front of me. This setup is about $86k. It is designed to be modular so you can build how you want. The setup on the video is designed for the LARGE universal studios type parks. I am working on something in this concept for around $30k. I will keep you informed.

Chaos
              Capt.Chaos
              Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Originally posted by xtremecreator View Post
                Its defianately a cool prop.
                Not sure what scarefactory is thinking on the main character.

The whole time this charater is talking .......your losing money.

To much time lapse between games.

John
                XtremeCreators
                it's more like 3 mins rather then my 2min estimate and 45seconds of which is the prop talking. Having 4 people rather 3 would let you make 25% more at a time too.

Comment

Pretty pricey,. Seems like you could have one built cheaper by other companies like life formations or sally corporations.

Comment

More info

The thing is modular and you can design how you want. The event takes about 2 minutes and the way to make money is number of guns. You can get it with 3-6 guns whatever. The more guns...more revenue. Get group of guys trying to outdo ech other on score and that is how you make money at it. But it still is a large investment. I think it is a great concept because you are gaining revenue from people standing in line bored. It keeps your guests entertained and you can pick up revenue from people who are a captive market. If I can figure out how to cash flow it I will probably buy it. But it will definitely be a scaled down version. If you had the gun and targets and components to make it work you could build your own for a fraction of the cost. I don't know where you get that stuff. I'm not downplaying Scarefactory. They have a ton of work and fabrication in that thing. Lots of animation,controls,facade,etc. But as a business you still need to be able to make it work for your event.

Chaos
                    Capt.Chaos
                    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

If Sally or Lifeformations made it it would cost three times what SF is asking, a Lifeformations animation alone an be $30-$40k each.

DA

Comment

If you can't cover it in this business in 1 session i don't think it's worth it as it's a money pit. HOWEVER if it's bringing in it's worth in tickets and extra revenue then it's also worth it. You need the wow factor here or your gonna die a slow painful death.

Comment

too expensive

wow, yeah not worth what they are asking guys. They arent even using the nice oak guns, they have the cheap plastic ones that break real easy. I could build a 4-6 gun setup for wayyy under that price...nuts

Kale

Comment

Well worth the asking price

I just have to chime in here. I had a booth near The Scare Factory at IAPPA and I watched this thing in action for a week. I can describe it in one word... AWESOME!!!

There are something like 40+ animatronics in this thing. The level of engineering is stunning (I did not see it break down even once the entire week!). The price is more than fair. There were a number of other companies selling shooting galleries at the show starting at $30K on up to $200K. None of them had anywhere near the amount of movement and action as the SF gallery. Honestly, I don't see how SF can sell it for what they are asking and make any profit.

Now, what I think most are missing is that this is not necessarily a product for a seasonal haunted house. The numbers probably just don't make sense for most seasonal haunts because it will take many years to pay it off. But for venues that run year round with good attendance this would be a huge draw. Seasonal haunts could pull it off if they leverage it year round at fairs and such.

Doug.
                            www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                            [Google+] [YouTube]
                            [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Wasn't saying it was or wasn't worth it. Just trying to get a price which I got now. Being as it's awesome it may in fact bring in extra ticket revenue too which helps pay it's cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X