Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amature animatronic help? ideas? tools? resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amature animatronic help? ideas? tools? resources?

During the off season I've started picking up prop making and stuff, and one thing I just have a hard time learning or pulling off is animatronics, I'd like to be able to make things move, but i don't really know where to start. All I've done, and I don't even know how, was that silly garbage can animatronic where you can make the lid with a spooky face pop up. So my question for you guys out there is, where's a good place to start? Are there any good resources (books, videos, etc) that helped you guys?? I'm trying really hard to become more well rounded and i think i'd really like learning how to make things move, even if it isn't using pnuematics, i'm interested in ac powered creations as well. Mold me! lol. =)

Animations

Let me just say I am not a huge animatronic genius but we did build a complete elevator ride and have started some stuff for next year. Go to Frightprops.com and look at their free tech library. Everything is there. That is what we did. Then we ordered some components,drank a few beers, and played around. Good luck. Also if you know what you are trying to build contact your preferred vendor and ask them what you need and they will point you in the right direction.

Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Thanks! Didn't even know FrightProps had that, gonna go check that out now! lol, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X