Automatic closing door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic closing door

My Haunted House theme is Paranormal scenarios. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to make a door close by itself...whether its before the guests reach it...or after they go through. Also, would there be a way to make it completely safe? As the door could close at the wrong time maybe. I don't know. Is it possible? Any ideas? Thanx guys

~Josh
    ~Josh Thompson

http://cheaphalloweenprops.siterubix.com/

your looking at to many injury issues with an automatic door that could back fire on you. automate it a person would be safer and wiser.

Comment

it's called a bungee chord. =)

just hook one end to the door, the next to the wall panel behind the door, keep it tight-ish, so that it's easy to open, but will close very quickly for the next group. add some metal to the top and the wall panel and it'll make a big clang! No law suits, no fancy pnuematics, same simple effect.

You should just use the search option on here for ANY question you have, chances are it's been asked about 1000 times before LOL.

Comment

What exactly do you mean?

It depends on the look you are trying to achieve. If you just want a door that resets it self, then I would use a door spring. That's what we use on all of our doors we need to stay closed. You can get them at any hardware store and it takes like 30 seconds to install.

But based on your theme I am thinking you are looking for something a bit more flashy shall we say...a door that would open and close on its own. We developed a pneumatically operated pocket door that is 100% safe.

http://youtu.be/nejPfDvHZ6Y

Is that something more like you are talking about? If so, that is one of many options out there.
        There's nothing wrong with you, there's something wrong with the world you live in.

www.evilusions.com

Comment

Working...
        X