Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Flashlight - low scare night be profitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a Flashlight - low scare night be profitable?

We were a non profit Haunt and now we are a for profit Haunt. We are looking for ideas to generate more revenue.
    We only open Saturdays and Sundays in October. We are thinking of offering a Flashlight Friday where we keep our actors in the house but pull the scares and market to younger children...or should we offer Flashlight ( glow stick) Friday, but keep scares the same?

Have an after Halloween glow stick night and the the Sunday before Halloween have afternoon kids day. No actors no scares just a safe place to get some healthy treats or bobbles and do some arts and crafts and face painting.

Comment

Sundays have always been our busiest days. We open at 4:00 and everyone is hustling to get 100 volunteers in makeup.
      We are in a Community Centre in a residential area. We don't want to give up our regular Saturdays and Sundays.
      We have an opportunity to open on the Friday night before Halloween. Wondering if we should try something different or go with the same?
      We won't get 100 volunteers on a Friday night. Most worked all day.

Comment

We do a Lights On Tour. Basically light the place up, eliminate the entire scare factor. Shoot me a PM, I'll explain more if you want.
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Open at 1pm and let the kids in.

Comment

That may be the easiest to arrange and the extra three hours on our busiest Sunday may generate a nice little return.
            Tks

Comment

Go Big And Long!

We used to do a "Lite Fright" for the first 45-60 minutes but found that the ticket sales did not cover the operating cost for that time slot. We also noticed that by doing that, it prolonged the reputation of not being a scary haunt - a stigma that we wanted to ditch and ultimately did. It is also extremely boring for the actors to stand there and do nothing. Even at that, I spent a lot of time turning around and hiding my costume to avoid the crying kids.

We let our patrons know that it's not designed for younger children. Occasionally, we have a group that wants to go through but is too scared. We usually will send them through with one of our security personnel who carry a small light to alert our actors. IMHO, you either need to be a low-energy, low-scare haunt, or you go BIG & LONG. (There's a reason flag-football isn't a Professional Sport!)
              Chad Portenga
              www.hauntedhall.com

Comment

Working...
              X