web spinner vs. web gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web spinner vs. web gun?

Has anyone used one of these? what does the effect look like compared to a web gun from minions webs, for example?

mcwebfluid03.jpgmcweb02.jpg

I use a webcaster gun and that works pretty good you can make any kind of web you want with those

Kyle Guillette
    Kyle Guillette
    Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

That cup/fan drill attachment is the old school version of making webs. basically, the web-fluid is a rubber cement that sprays out in a fairly wide pattern. The pro is that they look nice, but you should dust them with a powder or fuller's earth to make them more opaque & less sticky. the con is that the fluid is harder to deal with than a hot glue version. It can spill out of the can easily, because it has a thin gap at the lid where it sprays out, so you have to be aware of that while using. the fluid is also solvent based, flammable & has a strong odor before it dries.
      The pros of a hot glue gun are that is it easier to use, gives about the same, if not better web effect and is no odor.
      The cons are that you can get a serious burn from the gun or hot glue if you are not careful applying these.
      ALWAYS wear protective gear, long sleeves, gloves & goggles when webbing.
      missjayne
      Netherworld Haunted Attractions
      http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

great! thanks for the detailed response - i already own a web gun from MW that i love, i just saw this on someone website and thought i'd ask

Comment

Working...
        X