Any experience with Stalk Arounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with Stalk Arounds?

I have seen the Stalkarounds advirtised on Nightmare Factory and a couple of other places.

How effective are these products? Are they well-made and do they act and appear as natural as they are advirtised?

I can see how the hand motions work, but how about the head? The small picture they provide does not make it clear.

Any feedback is welcome.

Another option

Here is another option for you. Perfect for Queueline entertainment or within your house or to promote your event.
    Please go here
    www.gore-galore.com/costumes.html
    and feel free to check out our puppet/costumes. We have video of each puppet/costume for your viewing pleasure. And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me off list.
    We have 16 oversized costumes to choose from, and we can do custom work. An important thing to note is we guarantee our work.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I would definately check out the Gore Galore stuff!!
      I own one the very first Stalkabouts from Ex Mortis.
      I've rebuil;t the armature twice, even rebuilt the head (an actor thought if he broke it he wouldn't have to wear it!)

But it's still ALIVE and working. I have definately gotten my money's worth!

Some of Gore Galores look like they are more comfortable for the actor. Check out everything and see what best fits your haunt's theme. Either way you can't loose.
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I have a Stalk Around - Love it, and hate it.

No one wants to wear the stalkaround since it is heavy.

I would look into the Gore Galore model

Comment

We used one of Kevin's in 2005 and loved it! We used it in our Finale' Room.
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

22 years ago I built a "Stalkaround" before there was such a named product. I successfully terrorized small children (without even trying or realising it) and one of them was a neighbor's daughter who used to scream all night for sport, but in-costume I told her "I live just across the street from you." then added her first name...her screaming seemed to severely lessen after that.
            It is on display in my basement, part of the tour here, I just point a flashlight at it and ask, "is she with you?"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Come on Jim,
              You know that was just a coverup for the real name for it. "Peeping Tom".
              Snark
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Stalkarounds are great, and really good attention getters at a good price too. Some people will like to use them, some won't. It does tend to get heavy. The guy who was using ours in the past loved it, never complained about the weight since his reations and scares were always awesome!

Allan

Comment

Big "props" to Kevin at Gore Galore.

I ordered one of his awesome Stalkarounds at Transworld -- but I needed it in March for a promotional opporunity. Kevin bent over backwards to help me out, and I love the unit.

Also, keep in mind that a free stand comes with it -- so it can still be used very well without an actor having to bear the weight. We plan on using it with an actor inside while on the stand -- in certain circumstances. Even those the actor can move the thing in this case, he can still move the head and articulate the massive arms.
                  Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
                  True Adventures, Ltd.

Comment

Giving the choice I too would jump at the chance for a GoreGalore created large costume over a stalkaround. Everyone that I know who owns GoreGalore costumes love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

You know it. Love mine, so much so, that I had to jump on board and list them on my site.

This is the one I own.
                      Thanks, Jeff
                      www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                      www.HauntForum.com
                      www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Hey…I recognize that tune on your site Jeff. Catchy little number.
                        http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Glad you like it....You would not believe how many people want to buy it!!
                          Thanks, Jeff
                          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                          www.HauntForum.com

Comment

I thought that they had made these costumes more comfortable for the actor? I thought I had heard or read it somewhere. There are a lot of cool costumes to choose from though. I might have to look into these myself. There was one that I really liked but don’t remember what it was. If I saw it I could tell you. :roll:

Brian

Comment

Brian,
                              The one I have isn't too bad to wear. I also have the platforms for it as well.

I can get about 1 1/2 hrs. in it before taking a break.
                              Thanks, Jeff
                              www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                              www.HauntForum.com

Comment

Working...
                              X