Need your guys opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your guys opinion

As many of you know I was going to be doing a clown this year for our hayride. However I have decided to expand on this and Im going to be doing an ice cream man who wore a clown mask that was a serial killer. I have written an entire fictional story about this clown and through those tht I've read it to they love it but fear it might be to much and scare some people (who read it let alone see it) of the ice cream man. So my question comes in two parts. #1 should i put a disclaimer on the bottom of it as a fictional story? #2 is i was going to use a prosthetic at first but have also thought of getting a clown mask that would strap over my head its not a full head mask its only a face but very creepy and it looks like something from a horror movie. Do you guys think this would be a better idea then a prosthetic? just for more of the scare factor? Thanx for the input guys!!!

Josh
    Senior Operator of Forest Of Fear at The Utica Zoo
    Visions Of Fear Productions

I prefer masks 8 out of 10 times- on a hayride Im sure a mask will be fine.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

no disclaimer! lol You're working for a haunted hayride, if they don't want to be scared, they shouldn't be there (but then again, I'm a jerk lol)

Comment

My opinion

I wouldn't put a disclaimer. Most people with half a brain will know that it's a character because of the haunted hayride atmosphere. PLUS, if you do put that there, on some subconscious level, it would ruin the illusion and take away some of the fear that comes with the "what if it's real" thought process.
        As for masks..... I am usually not a fan od masks because they can be cheesy and you lose alot of expression, but the story of your Ice Cream Man almost asks for a mask to be used, so my vote - mask! Creepy and old, make it look worn out, add some wear and tear from the victims ie: rips, fingernail scratches, gouges, and dirty!!!
        I assume, since you are wearing a mask, this will be a less dialogue (if any), mostly non verbal body movement character?Maybe have a brass bell for an extra noise scare?
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

have any of you

ever seen sweet tooth from the twisted metal video games? Its a take on that mask but no hair on it and both eyes exposed.

Comment

as for the disclaimer Im not gonna put one cuz it builds the atmosphere and your right if they cant figure out that its fictional then they should probably exit the hayride and go to the library.

Comment

Yeah, screw the disclaimer. You won't get in trouble for that and the main thing is this...

The whole premise of a haunted house is making someone believe that your Fictional ideas are real, even for a split second. When someone enters a room and they see all these body parts hung up, the first thing the mind does is "Real or Fake?"

If someone sees that and thinks even for a split second, even subconsciously that it's real, it worked!

Sounds cool to me! And I loved Twisted Metal!!

Comment

Working...
              X