Spiked baseball bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiked baseball bat

By far the coolest weapon in any of the Saw movies is the nail-studded baseball bat they used in Saw 2. I bought this old beat up wooden baseball bat from the thrift store for $2.95 to use for my home haunt this year. However, my mom won't let me put real nails in it. The one in the movie used rubber nails, but I don't know where to buy them. Any suggestions?
    By the way, here's pics of the actual bat they used in the movie:

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0000000xm7.png

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?im...8888888aa2.png
    The Ultimate Horror Movie Battle Poll

cast your own...

small enough that it would take minimal supplies, pour some latex, and vwala. Instant rubber nail...
    www.Doomsdayproductions.com
    www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

I've never made a latex prop before. Where is the best and cheapest place to buy latex? Are there any good books on the art of latex prop making? Thanks

Comment

Stick a real nail into a piece of clay pull it out, and there's your mold.
        Step up to the plate with this bat and everyone should guess that the "Bunt" is on.
        The pitch sticks on the nails, the batter drops the bat, runs to first, the catcher has to try to throw the entire bat to the first baseman and of course, this wouldn't happen very efficiently.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
          Stick a real nail into a piece of clay pull it out, and there's your mold.
          Step up to the plate with this bat and everyone should guess that the "Bunt" is on.
          The pitch sticks on the nails, the batter drops the bat, runs to first, the catcher has to try to throw the entire bat to the first baseman and of course, this wouldn't happen very efficiently.
          That would be great :lol:
          I don't think that clay would be all that durable and it breack off. I something flexible and rubbery so it could hit something and not break. Where can I order some good latex?

Comment

There was a booth at Transworld that sold these as I recall (the bat with nails). Does anyone recall who that was? They had rubber hammers and wrenches and all kinds of cool weapons.

Comment

Sounds awesome ^ I wish I could go to TransWorld :?

Comment

I thikn your talking about Screamlinestudios.com they have bats and all sorts of weapons...Nice guys too
                Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

jim was talking about the mold for the latex nails...

do exactly what he said, just push a nail into the clay, and pour the latex in the void.

latex is availible in alot of places... screamline sell decent latex i hear
                  www.Doomsdayproductions.com
                  www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Then would I just cut the rubber nail in half then superglue both ends to the bat to make it look like it goes through?

Comment

Well, here's my idea and it's just an idea:

Drill holes in the bat just a fraction of a hair larger than the nails (not a very deep hole, just deep enough for part of the nail to fit down in), then fill it the hole with epoxy or silicone (like the type of silicone you use for aquariums) and while it still hasn't set up, push the rubber nail in and wipe any excess that may push out when you put the nail in.

My though is if you simply true to glue the nails to the bat, they're going to fall out. If they're inside the bat some and set in like, silicone, I believe it will have a better chance of staying in place.

Just my thoughts

Comment

Hmm

For $100 I will send you one with rubber nails
                        Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Bat

Check Oak Island - they have purchased all the Designs from ScreamLand and I think one of them is close to that design

Thanks Tater, but currently we only offer the Axe, Sledge and Ball-Peen - Real Wooden Handles - Dense Foam Heads. More to come in the future.

Piece Out! :twisted:
                          Steve Martini
                          Screamline Studios
                          www.screamlinestudios.com
                          steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Did Oak Island get all of Brutal Images stuff and Screamland???

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I think so... But only someone from OIP (John) could answer that! In fact, I don't think they've signed up for a HW.com account! -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X