Spiked baseball bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA

Wait you mean the king of halloween doesn't know something about halloween prop companies?????? LOL

They got all of Steves weapons...bought the products
    I think they are only a rep for Brutal images
    I know because they rep our stuff to at shows we don't do.
    Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Funny...

No I knew they took over selling of Brutal Images, and I knew they were doing the stuff on Screamland (hence no Screamland at the show). I think John told me they bought them out, and he was repping Brutal Images.

But as for the Screamland stuff I don't think I put two and two together in my mind... I did realize I didn't see Steve Koontz at the show this year.

Hmmm... what happened there?

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Oak island bought Brutal images?! I wish I could afford their "pizza face" product. I was going to buy it last season when it was $40, but now it's $50!!!!

Anyways, I searched the Oak island site and the only bat I could find from them was a "metal" foam bat with blood on it.
        The Ultimate Horror Movie Battle Poll

Comment

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by Ken Spriggs
          For $100 I will send you one with rubber nails
          $100 for a spiked bat prop??!! That's outrageous!! I could make one myself for about $20 or less. I'm not criticizing you specifically Ken Springs, but the one thing about this haunt buisness that drives me crazy is how over-priced all of the props are! Brutal Images, however has fairly reasonable prices (among others). A full-sized latex "pizza face" selling for $40 is a good buy. The fact that they recently docked it up to $50 is kind of frusturating because now I wouldn't consider buying it anymore because It's too expensive. Oh well, I guess how these companies make a living :?

Comment

Looks like the subject for an interesting poll.
            How many of us make our own props?
            How many of us do our own masks and make up?
            How many of us are in the construction business (or once were?)
            How many of us were or are in the trades?
            How many of us can replicate almost anything we see at a Halloween show?
            How many of you reading this think my pole is interesting?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
              Looks like the subject for an interesting poll.
              How many of us make our own props?
              How many of us do our own masks and make up?
              How many of us are in the construction business (or once were?)
              How many of us were or are in the trades?
              How many of us can replicate almost anything we see at a Halloween show?
              How many of you reading this think my pole is interesting?
              I'm sure that a lot of people make their own props. But for the people who don't know how to make quality props, or don't have time, etc., shouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg, for an arm and a leg! Besides, I really want a motorcycle, that doesn't mean I'm gonna go and build one myself just because they're too expensive store-bought!

Comment

I used to think alot of haunt stuff was very expensive until I began talking with some of the creators and venders of the items.
                Attending Transworld or Haunt Con takes alot of money, just plain old money! Unless you won millions in the state lotto or inherited alot of money and just want to show off or be a real nice guy, $100.oo here and there doesn't usually add up to cover all the expenses.
                Ken has a huge haunted attraction and I know his time and effort is not something he wishes to part with too cheaply without something to pay his bills with.
                Of course if you wait for this item to be in Wal-Mart it will be coming from China , possibly be cast real thin and be cheap, but by then EVERYBODY will have one, every 12 year old walking down the street October 31st will have one so impressing or scaring anyone with this item will probably not be happening much.
                To have access to unique, custom-made products of a limited production run always cost more money.
                I personally would have a new Ferrarri if they cost as much as a Ford Escourt.(Of course that insurance would still be high!)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Damn

Larry sorry I was doing sooooooooo good till now.....
                  Have some things going on in my life that have made me think about getting a 1 way ticket to IRAQ.

Now looky here Infraredkelp:
                  MY NAME IS SPELLED AS BIG AS DAY FOR YOU TO SEE AND YOU STILL CAN'T SPELL IT RIGHT?

Now as far as the $100 price.....I am making a 1 of a kind piece for you to play with. I am in a whse in Chicago where I pay rent on a building year round.

Now if i had a business that made bats with nails all day i might be able to cut you a deal for lets say $60 but i have to make everything from scratch....just like we do for Six flags and some other people.
                  From scratch equals more money
                  From China equals $3
                  From a company that already makes these for people $60

It's an offer...you don't like the price....don't buy it.

Also 1 other thing to keep in mind....you are coming here looking for help

WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE WANT TO HELP YOU AFTER YOU SLAM US?

Here is one of your comments..... But for the people who don't know how to make quality props, or don't have time, etc., shouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg, for an arm and a leg!

Gee we had to learn how to make the stuff....you are paying for the 23 years of learning

One more little justification of the price.......here is my product list and since I don't have ANY of this stuff right now in the shop...I have to buy all of this from scratch...

Plaster $25
                  Latex...ok I have that but I would have to buy at least $25 worth for the project
                  So we are up to $50
                  So now the 3 trips I have to make to the shop....$20 in gas
                  So far my COST of $70 and 3 days worth of work is really not worth it
                  Besides I need to buy the ANTIQUE USED BAT to go along with it

Never mind I don't want to make it for $100

I now need $150 gee I almost cheated myself out of money again.......

DARN DARN DARN DARN (my best herman imitation)
                  I should have read Warfields post.....it would have saved me from typing this all out....THANKS JIM
                  Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

I don't get it, so a prop went from $40 to now $50 dollars, and all of a sudden its out of question for buying? $10 makes or breaks your prop buying decision? Also I offered Infraredkelp to make him the latex nails, he said his budget was only $10... you can't buy enough latex to make the nails for that amount of money...??

Props are expensive because they are making something you can't. If you could make it, you would for less. I think that's the way our country works... but I could be wrong.
                    Bill Rod.
                    Dark Tech Effects
                    Automated DMX Lighting
                    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Everything is going up this year because the minimum wage increased so to pay the workers the cost of the product raises.

It's like unraveling a huge cable-knit sweater that someone keep knitting, a-and knitting, a-and knitting, a-and knitting..
                      (MY best Herman imitation...Pee Wee Herman)

Comment

Stupid old me! Here I thought you guys were referring to Herman Munster!
                        (Herman Goering was pretty funny too. He once boasted, "If English bombs ever fall on Germany, then you can call me Meyer!"
                        Herman Goering Meyer, that was him!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Now looky here Infraredkelp:
                          MY NAME IS SPELLED AS BIG AS DAY FOR YOU TO SEE AND YOU STILL CAN'T SPELL IT RIGHT?
                          What's your deal, it's just a friggin' typo.

Now as far as the $100 price.....I am making a 1 of a kind piece for you to play with. I am in a whse in Chicago where I pay rent on a building year round.

Now if i had a business that made bats with nails all day i might be able to cut you a deal for lets say $60 but i have to make everything from scratch....just like we do for Six flags and some other people.

From scratch equals more money
                          From China equals $3
                          From a company that already makes these for people $60

It's an offer...you don't like the price....don't buy it.

Also 1 other thing to keep in mind....you are coming here looking for help
                          WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE WANT TO HELP YOU AFTER YOU SLAM US?
                          I'm sorry if you feel if that way, but I would hardly say that I "slammed" you. I was merely giving my opinion on haunted prop prices. I am 14 years old and don't have a job, so I can't afford to buy fake nails for $100. I'll admit that I went a little crazy, but I now realize the hard effort that goes into prop making. When I said I don't want to "pay an arm and a leg for a arm and a leg", I just kidding, I heard that exact quote from another prop comapny(can't remeber which).

One more little justification of the price.......here is my product list and since I don't have ANY of this stuff right now in the shop...I have to buy all of this from scratch...

Plaster $25
                          Latex...ok I have that but I would have to buy at least $25 worth for the project
                          So we are up to $50
                          So now the 3 trips I have to make to the shop....$20 in gas
                          So far my COST of $70 and 3 days worth of work is really not worth it
                          Besides I need to buy the ANTIQUE USED BAT to go along with it

Never mind I don't want to make it for $100

I now need $150 gee I almost cheated myself out of money again.......

DARN DARN DARN DARN (my best herman imitation)
                          I should have read Warfields post.....it would have saved me from typing this all out....THANKS JIM
                          I already have a bat, I just need the nails.

Originally posted by beardedbil
                          I don't get it, so a prop went from $40 to now $50 dollars, and all of a sudden its out of question for buying? $10 makes or breaks your prop buying decision?
                          Yes, $10 does affect my decision on buying a prop.

[/quote="beardedbil"]Also I offered Infraredkelp to make him the latex nails, he said his budget was only $10... you can't buy enough latex to make the nails for that amount of money...??[/quote]
                          Forgive for not knowing how expensive latex is. However, $10 is still my limit for buying, and if you don't want to sell it for that, then don't. In the other part of that email that you didn't include, I said that I would probably cast the nails myself because I want to learn how to use latex. Sorry if I upset you guys, I'm still kind of new to this buisness (not sarcasm).

p.s. I'm apologizing in advance for all of the typos in this post :wink:

Happy Hauntings,
                          Infraredkelp

Comment

Really now! Being only 14 years old is not an excuse for anything on this forum, since all the rest of us are also stuck at 14 years of age.
                            Unfortunately you may find that the thrills and happinesses found when 14 may not be able to be repeated.(Why do you think we are all choosing to be perpetually 14? hahahaha!
                            "14", old enough to probably know better but too enthusiastic for it all to ever stop (for that previously mentioned reason)
                            You are doing alright as far as I'm concerned. Most of us haunters get insulted drastically and often by the un-smilers of this world who just don't have a clue.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I wasn't using my age as an excuse. I was my money shortage as an excuse, which happens comes with being 14 and not having a job (or allowence :evil: ).

Btw, why are haunters treated badly by other people? I haven't any bad reviews about my halloween home haunts.

Comment

In regards to being young....

STEVE KRISTOF!!!!!!!!!

But then again... he is a friggin' evil genius....

his sharks even have "lazers"
                                www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Working...
                                X