Where do I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I go?

I have about 1500 costumes to sell and i need to know where to sell them. I will be selling them between $10 and $30 a piece. I want to sell them as cash and carry. Do i

A:Get a booth at Transworld and sell them on the show floor for 4 days. Booth rent is going to be $1500 and 3 hours from my house

B: Get a booth at MidWest Haunters and sell them on the show floor. Booth rent is $500 and 7 hours from my house.

C: Ebay. Cost is 9% on the final price and paypal fees and in my house.

What do i do?

If it were me, I'd post up picks of what I had that I thought would be interesting to the haunt community and get opinions from there. If you go in blind, you may be wasting money! Ebay's a huge place, but so is TW but people at these conventions will be there looking for stuff they need. General population on ebay are "browsing", not "looking"
    for something.

With that said, i'm interested in costumes. Mind to post some pics of what you got? Are these home made? Are they old stock from retail stores?

Dewayne

Comment

d) You got to Transworld with 10% and sell them and take orders for the rest. TW is the biggest convention where the most people are gonna see your product. Are these retail or homemade costumes? Frightener is right get some picture up of them.

Comment

I will get some pics together. I bought out a coustume shop that was going out of business. We own a haunt and we needed some of them but not that many. There are alot of different styles. dresses from every era all the way to mob suites, 70s tuxes, prom dresses and everythin in between.

Comment

Then ebay might be best with shipping handling to make the listing cost about 5%

Comment

A post on the Trading post never hurts either! $10 costumes would probably go pretty quick on here! I know I'd end up going for a few lol. Maybe you could just sell some on here and then have a costume tent set up at your haunt?? You could be a halloween store of sorts and a haunt at night. I know some places that do that, both businesses compliment eachother and help eachother prosper. (If you didn't care about holding onto them that long).

Comment

The costume shop at your haunt I think is a great idea if you decide to go that route you might be able to get some good marketing with that as well. My second would be ebay, you can always make more that way to as usually it sells for more then you intended.
              Senior Operator of Forest Of Fear at The Utica Zoo
              Visions Of Fear Productions

Comment

Mhc

I'm assuming it's stuff you find at "Spirits" and such? Personally, if I had that inventory I would go to MHC. That's your market for these. Bring them all in a truck and only display a couple of each style in the booth(s). To pay for a booth you need to sell 40 at $10. Or get four booths and sell at least 160 to break even?

Doug.
                www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                [Google+] [YouTube]
                [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Using One's Imagination

Couldn't every one of those costumes be used for a Halloween application?
                  Zombies All! Zombie ballarinas, Policemen,Zombie children in Halloween costumes.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                    Couldn't every one of those costumes be used for a Halloween application?
                    Zombies All! Zombie ballarinas, Policemen,Zombie children in Halloween costumes.
                    For 15 seasons though. he's got a bit much even for you Jim.

Comment

Working...
                    X