Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New logos by ReDCroW design and new web template!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New logos by ReDCroW design and new web template!

I have been very busy this last weeks in ReDCroW design, check out our latest logo and stock art, both done for The Chamber of horrors.

Oh, and I almost forget it, this is the first webtemplate by ReDCroW design, the info is in the template itself.

http://redcrowdesign.net/previews/autopsy/autopsy.html
    http://www.redcrowdesign.net

armando,thansk for the awsome art.i highly recommend redcrow,very professional

Comment

Looks good, but I have one concern:

The claws on the creature look very very close to the claws Brainstorm Studios had around the old hauntworld logo. Especially the right one. They were green as well and if memory serves me right, the pose was identical.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by wipp
        armando,thansk for the awsome art.i highly recommend redcrow,very professional
        Thanx for the comment Eddie I am so happy that you liked the work, did you liked the extras I included in the CD? 8)

Originally posted by hsmag
        Looks good, but I have one concern:

The claws on the creature look very very close to the claws Brainstorm Studios had around the old hauntworld logo. Especially the right one. They were green as well and if memory serves me right, the pose was identical.

Just my thoughts.
        Not really, it is my own hand, with some tweaking

It is totally offensive that people like you think that I actually rip off my work, when I do everything so it doesn't look like everyone else's work.
        Besides why would I rip off a hand if all the rest of my portfolio is all ORIGINAL redcrow creation? even the music is done by me, I only use other artist's fonts, like the ones from sinistervisions.com (by the way Chad, you're a fricking genius, I love your work, and I'm a big fan of you, hope some day we can work together) and other fonts that I downloaded from, 1001fonts.com, and regarding to that, I already done a couple of ReDCroW original fonts which I will show as soon as I get the copyright paperwork done. (nothing special, Chad's still da man)
        As for why it looks similar? I don't know, it could be the fact that I took the pictures myself, or it could be the fact that I just did a generic 'claw' hand pose, if you look carfefully to what BSS use you'll see that their fingernails are larger, and the pose of the hand is relaxed while mine is stressed, just see the stress on the phalanges. I just saw their website, there are similarities, but I didn't based mine on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by redcrowdesign
          It is totally offensive that people like you think that I actually rip off my work, when I do everything so it doesn't look like everyone else's work.
          People like me? What's that supposed to mean? All I pointed out was that at upon looking at it, it looked very similar to Brainstorm's. You yourself said that it was very similar in the way it looked. Whether it was intentional or not wasn't the point.

Just about every designer has done things where people say "oh, it looks like this or that" whether we mean to or not (EVEN Chad). I never accused you of ripping off BSS, I simply stated that it looked very very similar, so please, save your anger for someone who actually calls you a fraud.

Comment

"Fraud".."Gawd"(god) progressing down the alphabet...Hawd,Iawd?
            Jehawd!????? Oh, oh!
            Aren't words troublesome things?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by hsmag
              Originally posted by redcrowdesign
              People like me? What's that supposed to mean? All I pointed out was that at upon looking at it, it looked very similar to Brainstorm's. You yourself said that it was very similar in the way it looked. Whether it was intentional or not wasn't the point.

Just about every designer has done things where people say "oh, it looks like this or that" whether we mean to or not (EVEN Chad). I never accused you of ripping off BSS, I simply stated that it looked very very similar, so please, save your anger for someone who actually calls you a fraud.
              It's not anger, I wasn't trying to start something, it's just that your comment sounded like that; offensive. When I comment someone else's art I don't say "Looks good, but I have one concern: the work looks very very close to the work done by fulano perez. the other piece has the same color and if memory serves me right, the pose was identical. " when I criticise someone else's work I avoid comparing it to other works, I just point out the highlights and/or flaws of the artist so he/she can improve his/her technique. You should remember when I criticized your work one time, I didn't said it looked exactly like this or that (altho sometimes I tend to use other works as an example to make my point clear).

And with "people like you" I meant every person who says things like that, (so far not many).

Well, anyway, sorry if I offended you, I can't pay my editor to edit my posts so they have the perfect selection of words to make sound everything nice and neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
                "Fraud".."Gawd"(god) progressing down the alphabet...Hawd,Iawd?
                Jehawd!????? Oh, oh!
                Aren't words troublesome things?
                You forgot Kawd (acronym for Contract Award) LOL

Comment

It's cool. I'm not upset. As before when I said something that offended you, then you said "you people", it left a lot of room for interpretation, but now that both sides have explained their views, I think we can move past this and get on with what we do: art

Comment

HEY now that HSMAG has mentioned it, that HAND does look mighty familiar, yeah thats it, THATS the HAND that is used in MY LOGO! what the HELL!!!! That Hand is running around being a Model for other works of art now!!!!
                    As before, REDCROW ROCKS, his work is original and full of vision!
                    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Redcrow,

I pm'd you!

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by bodybagging
                        THATS the HAND that is used in MY LOGO! what the HELL!!!! That Hand is running around being a Model for other works of art now!!!!
                        That bastard!! I'll teach it a leasson!! *paff!* *paff!!!* *paff* OUCH!!! :cry:

Comment

I would think most hands would look alike. Here's mine from Brainstorm. I guess a hand is a hand. RedCrow's designs are very cool.

Comment

Well, for most people most hands look alike, but you can actually take the little diferences as an artist's signature: for instance, MDKing's hand is very interesting, it has tension on the phalanges and wrist, and the angle is slightly different, the thickness of the fingers reveal that the hand belongs to a middle complection person (that is not too fat, not too skinny), I have a pic of my hand in the exact same position, I was going to use it for that logo, but surprisingly, my hand doesn't even look close to that, cause I am skinny and since I am tensionning the fingers the skin of the fingers looks under stress and makes wrinkles below the finger.

Color is another topic I couldn't avoid, why most designers choose green for monsters? cause it's an icky color, the mucus are green, the rotten stuff is green, the radium is green... it's true, the nature is green too, but people tend to asociate the green with disgust. So, I had this 3 alternatives for the hand: white, black, red, blue and finally green, so, I decided to choose green so it looks a little bit more iconic and also to add color to the mixture, you see, the shroud is black, so white was going to look like a BW ghost and it would minimize the effect of the blueish highlights I gave to the shroud. Red was going to look devilish, black would melt with the shroud, and blue.... it looked like a frozen ghost to me. So I naturaly went with the green one.

Comment

hey, then explain why your avatar looks like these characters in the Sprite commercial!

http://www.lebron23-23.com/default.jsp

lol... just messing with you. I couldnt resist. haha take it easy.
                              www.myspace.com/travis_magee

Comment

Working...
                              X