Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Que line enviroment, Scary or fun?

Hey hanuters,
    my question simple. I wanted to know what you think, should a que line be scary/ creepy or entertaining and fun?
    I've been to many hanted attractions, and this is something that no one seems to do the same. Some have a DJ and playing hip-hop and pop music and some play creepy music and try to scray you while you wait.
    I know hands down that it is important to have something enteraining going on, but I wanted to know what you all thought is the best.
    Thanks

Hanut man

Scary fun. If you scare the hell out of them inline then they are desensitized when they go in- comedic line actors can be used (dark characters) to break their barriers down so they are relaxed but anxious going in.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Your queue line should reflect your haunt. It gears the patron up for what's in store. Most I've seen mix boos with comedy. You don't want them scared the whole time that makes it uncomfortable. Both fear and laughter release dopamine which is what they what they came for, that adrenaline rush.

Comment

Fun... Creepy..

This is where I have my cabinets of curiosity. It gives people something to talk about while creeping them out. As long as you do something its all good..

Peter T
        FS
        Fables Studios
        Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
        https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

They have all made good points! Entertaining the crowd is key! We have written an article in Hauntworld's #29 discussing this topic.
          Bart Butler
          HobNob Productions
          http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

Totally Different here!

My "line entertainment" is... nothing.
            I have worked hard to make unusual displayed items on the exterior of my house though. This is an actual "House" with real features like second floor windows, a cupola astride the center of the roof(I built it) with a UFO on the roof of the cupola.
            The whole house and much of this property are covered by massive vines (didn't "build them, but have helped them in numerous ways)
            A huge steel skull I welded it together) is at one end of the house to compliment the large fiberglass hand ( made by Marc Cline).
            Numerous car wrecks made from real 1950 Hudson cars are in pieces protruding from the house in various angles and altitudes, some painted yellow, the "Yellow Streak Cab Co." and two painted like "Poe-Lease" cars ("Ravens " grin, remember?)
            Then coming closer to the house smaller items come into view such as "The Shroud Of Torino", a radiator fan shroud from a Ford Torino with a slight image of Henry ford appearing in it!!
            And many other things too numerous to mention.....that's my "Line entertainment".
            Most of the things I have made here or that happens here are kind of "different" from most haunts, seems to me?
            What I do inside the house is very similair to line entertainment.
            I am a tourist attraction too , open nearly every night and most weekend afternoons.
            Last edited by Jim Warfield; 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM. Reason: a revelation struck me
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I agree with Allen...
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
              X