The Darkness - Terror Visions - The Haunting Lemp Haunt Tour March 8, 9, 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really unreal!

I would have to say you have an amazing crew! I would like to see a reality show on h.p.I! It would be awesome to see how you are able to get so much work and detail in such a short time on your scenes. Everything you have shown looks amazing!
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Damon Carson

Comment

You should do kid tickets next year.
      Jared Layman

Comment

FYI... I JUST GOT HOME was working on our booth and the Darkness until about 4am. I might not make it in early. LOL

You can still get tickets all day today and all the way up through Saturday.

I made a massive list of everything wrong, and no we won't get to it all but I think Darkness will be around 85% to 90%. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com
        DSC01211.JPG

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry, we just found out we don't have to work Sat and are planning on coming up. I want to hit your Darkness event but I can't tell which one I need. We just want to go to the Darkness Sat. Night. Is it the one towards the bottom for $50?

Thanks,

Dewayne

Comment

Wanted to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE who attended our tour. We did our best even though we didn't get everything we wanted done. There was several things we just ran out of time on... the walking zombies have to be totally rebuilt, our drop down animations never could get installed, and many other little things. I learned A LOT from the first year we did this tour, I learned so much from all of you and its helped our business. I hope your business was helped by our tour. Its been a mutual beneficial experience for us.

We have done this tour for the industry not ourselves, we wanted to do things that pushed the envelope and if it wasn't for YOU GUYS we never would have done all these things we've done. We wanted to inspire people and in the process we've learned what we can do!!!

Its very rewarding to hear all the people come through and thank you for opening... that is the ONLY reason and the ONLY thing we appreciate.

Again thank you very much for supporting this event. I also wanted to say thank you to Greg who did the paint ball event, his staff did a fantastic job to ensure everyone had a great time. This paint ball trailers were truly awesome.

Again thank you so much! Now I must admit need a serious detox, I'm really really burnt out right now. There was a lot of arguments, fights, stressful 18 hour days/nights, too much stress and everything between trying to get all of this done in time. Everyone needs a break. Since this has been coming to St. Louis its like we open twice, the most stressful thing is opening for the first time, and we do it twice. I know for a fact I've lost at least 5 or 6 years of my life doing this. LOL

Lastly I wanted to say once we get those walking zombies working, and the other things we hoped to do done, I will post videos and more photos right here... promise.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

I definitely tested those trigger pads more then once. Maybe more then trice too.

Comment

First off, Larry, we finally made it to the tour saturday! Thank you for what you do. The place was AWESOME! It's one thing to see it in photos, totally different to be able to stand in front of the slayer, and touch the walls and feel the work put into everything.

We purchased your dvd as well and got some shirts. We all loved it and my niece is wanting to help with our haunt so bad now lol.

As far as the walkin zombies go, are you guys talking about the illusion hallway? We didn't think about looking for a pad to trip, however I did have to work on the elevator quite a bit. I just HAD to get it going for the girls. They've never been on an elevator prop like that before. But it finally worked.

Anyways, your haunt was awesome, the actors were superb. W/o breaking char they were able to react with us and such a way it was heartwarming. I can't talk enough about your place at my job. So anyways, just thought I'd let you know, that another amateur has been inspired by your work and it's like a boot to the arse in motivation.

Thanks,

Dewayne

Comment

Larry thanks for everything. It was amazing getting to see the haunt for the last 4 years. This year I brought some of my crew. They were amazed and we are still talking about it. I’m sorry to hear that some people are complaining about the little things. Your haunt is truly amazing!

Thank you and enjoy your break,
                  Brian Mudgett

Comment

The walking zombies must be rebuilt from scratch. We are pulling them out today. Had we operated them as is they would have broke and possible fallen into the glass and broke that as well. I have seen them walk and the effect is VERY COOL but better safe than sorry. The concept works perfect its just a matter of fixing the walking zombies. There is always problems with pressure pads, motion sensors and everything else. It will take some more time to perfect everything.

The one thing I wanted to say about the walking zombies... their heads explode at the end of their walk. The whole scene is interactive... a cop shoots at them, there is sound fx to go along with it, he scares you by shooting at the zombies, then at the end of their walk their heads explode ... its very cool.

Sorry we couldn't show you that. I'll get it on video and post here.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

BTW... our CO2 cannon was also not working because we bought the wrong type of CO2. Apologize for that one as well. I'll get video of that as well.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Wrong CO2?

I built a couple CO2 guns this year to go in our facade and pop out and shoot the audience with at completely random times, I am assuming you got the wrong form of CO2, not just wrong CO2?

Air Gar Inc supplies just generic CO2 tanks for whatever your purpose be, even if you wanna clean your haunt with it afterwards. Never knew CO2 was a cleaning agent until I started making these little blasters lol.

Comment

So, whats the deal are you going to do this all again next year?
                          Jared Layman

Comment

Just as we did LAST year we hired a video crew to video tape the experience. Now watch all the new stuff, see what people thought, and see images from the TW show itself. This is The Darkness video however I will have a video of Haunting/Lemp for you to watch as well. I learned from the first experience that if you do a tour like this video tape everything, and stand at the exit and field all comments and since I have done that things have gone great. So please watch the video and have fun! Lemp video coming soon!

Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                              I erased my own thread on the Darkness renovation thread. So all the updates, photos, everything GONE! That thread had 8000 views, and now I have to start over ... so we'll just pick up where I left off early today. Sorry! One of my favorite words is IDIOT I call 100 people a day idiot but I also call myself one at least 75 out of the 100. And today is no exception.
                              Do you have a backup of the database that you can restore the thread from?
                              News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                              Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Here is ANOTHER VIDEO... this time of The Haunting "Lemp'. Check it out.

Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X