No announcement yet.

The Darkness - Terror Visions - The Haunting Lemp Haunt Tour March 8, 9, 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While looking at the puzzle box artwork I am surprised you don't have a poster thrown in there... I am going to have one wall full of posters this year....

Comment

BIG NEWS HERE... we have a truck on its way to Unit 70 to pick up about HALF of our order. We are also stopping off at Characters Unlimited to pick up our que line multi motion preshow characters. Like I said before they are a singing vampire and a Frankenstein DJ.

So one of the COOL things we are picking up is SCORPIONZILLA... now tell me this thing isn't bad azz! This is freaking awesome!

Now you are also looking at these monkey things here... you are probably wondering what they do. Its an animation I came up with... and you'll see it work at Darkness. It should be pretty cool. Even though this isn't inside the animation itself you have to admit they look awesome!

I will have EVERYTHING Saturday AM and I will get pictures and post them. The other half of our order will be done two weeks later.

We also got our new mummy boxes painted. I will get photos of that as well.

Larry

PS: I extended the discount for tickets another 24 hours... get them QUICK at www.thedarkness.com
      monkeyo.JPGscorpiono.JPG
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Like I told you before we are going ALL OUT with Terror Visions 3D ... check out these new WILD photos!

Its going to be CRAZY!

We have 4 painters working in here daily to finish up the place. We are waiting on some animations and once we get those we'll put it all back together. We are however working on the motion based scene still. That will take a little while still. What you see now is a lot of floors painted. The Ice Cave looks AWESOME!

Larry

DSC00700.JPGDSC00705.JPGDSC00707.JPGDSC00708.JPGDSC00709.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Okay like I said we went to Ohio today and picked up some stuff... check it out. Like I've said now 50 times we are going all out here to make this place awesome educational experience for those who attend. The behind the scenes tour is getting close to being sold out. You are starting to see here how its getting closer and closer to completion.

We still have a ways to go! As you also see our mummy room is coming around because now there is a mummy inside. LOL. You are probably scratching your head on these monkey cages and fyi there is three sets of them stacked three high... do you want to know what it does?

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

DSC00711.JPGDSC00712.JPGDSC00713.JPGDSC00720.JPGDSC00727.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Just a guess?

And Im not saying what they do. But Lance Pope had an experiment lab with weird creatures in cages that slammed forward. Maybe something similar to that would be my guess.? They remind me of Rise of the Planet of the apes.
            Damon
            Frightmasters
            Damon Carson

Comment

YES IT WORKS... There is ONLY TWO monsters in here ONLY TWO but you see dozens how did we do that??? Yes with two way mirror but look closer here... you see different zombies so how was that done? Cool huh... this is NOT the scene we are doing because the one we are doing will have even more and some that move but we wanted to test our theory. Damon as far as what you said no I have no idea what you are talking about... but no that isn't what it does. But you mentioning Planet of the Apes is dead on the money. The concept is that like the movie when you pass by these infected apes the apes go nuts... so you are close!

DSC00694.JPGDSC00695.JPGDSC00696.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

You have 2, 2 sided zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
                  You have 2, 2 sided zombies.
                  Yeah thats what I was thinking as well

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking...lol. I mean... good concept and it looks great, but what about when your customers walk by? They will notice....does that take away from the effect in person? (Just asking as a question, don't strangle me lol)

Comment

Couple things... here are MORE PHOTOS. One of the pictures here shows the singing vampire animation there is also another monster "FRANK" he is Vamps dj. They will be pre-show entertainment. They are not set up yet.

Anyway here are more things from Unit 70. Awesome stuff to say the least!

As for can my customers see whatever you said... no that is not the case at all. You see nothing but zillions of zombies.

I have two more that walk and move and when I get that scene all put together its going to look like hundreds and hordes of zombies coming at you.

Like I said my objective with each one of these tours is to do something NO ONE HAS EVER DONE before...that is what we are doing, and that is what makes coming to the tour worth the investment. Get your tickets www.thedarkness.com.

Larry

DSC00670.JPGDSC00672.JPGDSC00675.JPGDSC00686.JPGDSC00727.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

The avg person isn't really in a state of
                        mind to do analytic problem solving in a haunt.

Comment

This week not much is getting done because our entire crew is in Canada installing a mini golf. However I do have some people around and they are doing mostly cleaning and moving props around. I will be down there everyday this week trying to get things organized so you won't hear much from me at all. I will however be able to take some pictures showing stuff done maybe late tonight.

Terror Visions is now looking unreal awesome. Darkness we are starting to do moss work, and more of that final detail stuff. The big thing now is to work on Lemp.

Lastly we are getting really close to basically everything being sold out... we limited how many tickets this year to even less so we wouldn't have the problem like last year where hardly anyone showed up during the last hour. So we basically eliminated that hour all together.

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

I worked all night long at Darkness again... I think I'm getting old my knees hurt. LOL

Couple things we worked all night long placing props screwing stuff together, blah, blah. I cleaned up stuff, I was up and down ladders all night long. Never can I remember doing so little or so few scenes and taking so long to do them. I already know we'll be back to throwing actors in the place, there just wont' be anytime to do that this year. We'll do our best. Our entire staff is out of town, so its down to me and a few other guys. I'm down there every day and night working to finish. We can't seem to get out of The Darkness dont' know why... seems like we've never done so few scenes but wow this is taking forever. Tonight we started putting out a lot of props. Take a look. Really spent a lot of time working on that falling barrel room and boy does it look cool... I won't take pictures of it because I can't get a good picture with a standard camera. Eventually I'll get out the big dog with a fish ball lens. What do you think. Get tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

DSC00746.JPGDSC00748.JPGDSC00750.JPGDSC00758.JPGDSC00764.JPG
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Here are a few more... One see a picture of the Frank DJ that will entertain you while you wait to get in. It is actually pretty cool he's got REAL spark plugs going into his head and zap to make it look likes he's being charged. That is part of our new addition this year. Hopefully we get time to set it up. He actually scratches records and everything. More photos again just taken with a normal camera under normal lighting. I can only tell you that we probably wont' get to our normal level of maximum detail because we are just going to run out of time. I made matters worse because I had an electrician working there for the last several weeks and we tore out all the lighting because I didn't like the way they plugged everything in... we added like 60 more 4 plug outlets, we added new lights in the ceiling, blah, blah, so now speakers are down, no lights are connected no animations are hooked up, its just a mess. This is going to take a miracle. LOL

The biggest thing is we must get over to Lemp to work on that place more. We are going over there on Friday. Soon you'll start to see pictures of Lemp.

DSC00736.JPGDSC00738.JPGDSC00752.JPGDSC00759.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

its all looking great!

Can't wait to see it in person! Were ready. The frankenstein d.j is cool! I like his old phonograph turntables!
                                Damon
                                Frightmasters
                                Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                                X