Industry Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry Input

Long time lurker of Hauntworld, I rarely ever post though. I'm an actor at Haunted Overload in NH.

I just tried my hand at making body part props, and I came up with the idea for severed finger keychains. I looked around online and couldn't really find another company doing anything like this. I just wanted to see if the people in the haunt industry would even be interested in a product like this before I sink some more money into it.

The fingers are cast in 300 bloom gelatin, and they're super durable. They obviously wouldn't hold up in super high heat- if you stuck them in a fire or something.
    I'd like to make a lot more of these any get some techniques down and actually perfect the fingers before I were to start selling them. I'd probably look to sell them for $5 each. I don't know about you guys, but I'd feel bad ass walking around with a severed finger on my keychain. LOL! They might be a good idea for actor awards, ect. as well!

Check out the pictures and let me know what you think. Also, if you have any tips or something you think I should change, I'm looking for criticism- let it fly! I'm also attending Transworld, so I'm sure I'll see things that inspire me there as well!

Thanks,
    Kyle

IMG_5378.JPGIMG_5391.JPGIMG_5392.JPGIMG_5393.JPGIMG_5395.JPG
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Excelant Idea!!

I can hardly wait til the "Marina Bobbitt" model comes out! (Many, many woman would be buying it, you know.)
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I like it, Great job!! these should be at walmart!!
      BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
      www.horrorfields.com

Comment

These are awesome Kyle! I want some. It would be really cool to customize them somehow with fingernail decals. Depending on your market, lets say you sold 20 or 30 to a haunt for actor awards. You could have the decals made accordingly with the year or haunt logo etc.

I want a bunch with this pumpkin.

You will love Transworld!

Eric
        www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Haha. I'll have to figure out a way to do that. It would be sweet! Maybe that paper they use to put photos on cakes or something.
          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
            I can hardly wait til the "Marina Bobbitt" model comes out! (Many, many woman would be buying it, you know.)
            BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! And we actually studied that for an EMT class as a "what to do in that situation"....you should HEAR how many ways guys get their "manhood" decapitated, eviscerated, burned, stung....etc......guys do some stupid stuff with their 3rd leg.... lol.

Comment

Haha! I could only imagine the people who would want something like that. Yikes.

I've watched Allen Hopps' videos on YouTube. They're pretty inspiring. It makes me want to make everything!!!

Maybe Allen or someone else here would know how to get logos on the nails like that?

-Kyle
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Kyle,

I just got the finger you sent me in the mail. It's so sick! Thanks a lot, it was a total surprise! I can't believe how real it looks and feels. It's cold clammy and flexible which you can't tell in the photo. You can see every detail of the finger print! You may be able to get some fake fingernails and do some sort of stencil or decal. Then glue the nail to it. I wonder if professional nail salons would know? Keep us posted.

Eric
                www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                X