Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Que line "one Liners"

Hey Guy's,

I am working on my que line actors for 2012. I need some good lines to use on our customers. You and I both know that the same questions and comments are usually asked. Give me your best lines. Share them. I know this would be a great resource for lots of our actors.

Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

que line

Hey! A que line actor from the haunted house i work at got an article in Haunt World magazine that was all about que line acting! Check out the latest magazine for some help! What exactly are the characters back stories and names? that can help on figuring out what they can say!

Comment

Que lines

Yep. That's where I got the idea. It did not have a lot of examples but it got my mind going on a "library"of rebuttal lines.

Here is one the mag had I liked. " Do you chase people with chainsaws?". Answer=No. We chase people with toasters.

I thought of this one

"Do you have Jason/Freddy/Etc?". Answer=. They used to be here but all of my residents in there killed them.
      Capt.Chaos
      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

What type of characters are they? Ex: (Clown, Zombie,)....
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

que line charcters

Our theme is an asylum.
          Capt.Chaos
          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

With an Asylum thing your actors can really say just about anything..even moreso than Clowns...unless your trying to be informative. I recall on actor that used two words to great effect.. " Fruit Loops " . She said it several different ways..definitive " Fruit Loops. " or as a question " Fruit Loops ? " then screamed it as well " FRUIT LOOPS ! " . Even said while shaking or nodding your head. My point is given a theme where your actors are crazy, insane or just plain loco anything will fly if done right.. ;D

Comment

asylum

When i played a psycho, i sang the alphabet and walked around like an idiot . . . But with characters that are supposed to be crazy, they can say almost anything. As long as the facial expression and body language is right, they will creep people out regardless of what they say

Comment

Ima banana, ima banana, ima banana, ima banana- form youtube/Tosh.0 everyone knows it, everyone loves it and it fits well crazy! I saw it done at very big pro asylum haunt.
                Now if you want scary/creepy dont say anything at all some of the best que line actors i've seen get right up in your face, stay there and say nothing at all.
                I honestly dont know how well this next one might go at any given haunt but if you have the right kind of crowd have a big guy in his tighty whities in a robe runing aroud askings for something to wear, saw that one at a pro haunt too (crowds seem to love it).

Comment

I wouldn't play the creepy type as silent and reserved...first off it's stupid. Second it is cliche, third you have an entire body to work with. You can be silent but creep them out, makem feel uncomfortable. Show teeth, show tongue, use your eyes, act like you're going to play with their hair, play with their hair, drop a spider on them, drop a live roach on them something! Nothing turns me off more than an actor who just goes up all creepy like with a crappy makeup job and does nothing. It isn't scary, it's just awkward.

But for speaking rolls all you have to remember is you're there to entertain guests. If your creep out factor doesn't work, look for something that does take note of it and move on to another group, then come back later and attack em with something completely different. It really just comes from experience with people, you can study it through regular social interaction. It just depends really, there are no real set in stone lines to pitch. I'm personally not very good at que line acting but here are a couple scenarios I'd find creepy and entertaining.

Lets say you are playing a dirty, human character. He is slightly vulgar and raunchy looking, with a sleeveless shirt soiled with filth (particularly around the arm pits and maybe near the bottom of the shirt). Skin covered in blotches of grease and dirt, hair slimy looking and unwashed. Mismatched tube socks, hairy legs and grunged up boxers to complete the ensemble. Maybe he smells like he hasn't taken a shower in months. This character could go around and be incredibly vulgar and offensive. Hitting on woman, hitting on men, hitting on a tree, whatever. If a customer calls him gay or a Fa* he responds almost excitedly with, "you offering?" They shake their heads no, "To bad. Virgin boy is afraid to party with a real man." The man rubs his hand under his nose getting it covered in snot just before slicking back the hair, "Chicks are crazy for my man love." Open mouthed tongue flitters then snorts and moves along to another group, maybe after miming a flick of fresh booger juice at their feet.

Then a character who is more geared toward the silent psycopath route receives the same line. They Respond with an aggressive approach, stop then lean in and sniff them adding a subtle shudder. "I'd be more attracted to you if you were in a coffin...and much quieter." Slowly licks his lips before bursting into a twitching fit of laughter skittering off.

Comment

LOL Spong8!

That's good stuff right there. I agree with you guys. With our theme we can get away with about anything. What I am looking for is the rebuttals like Spong gave. " Why? You offering? " Ha. Keep me coming.

Chaos
                    Capt.Chaos
                    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

"Is This Your House?"

"Yes it is."
                      "Do you live here?"
                      "Yes."
                      "Do you sleep here?"
                      "Yes."
                      "Where do you sleep?"
                      "In the attic, hanging upside down from a steel hook." I have made many young eyes widen upon those last few words.

None of you young haunters should ever worry too much about scaring all the customers because you probably won't ever be able to ever scare many of them, but you can entertain them. I have found out that the most entertaining single type of event is when they think that you have actually made a huge mistake, screw-up of some kind, either speaking or physically acting.
                      Self-depreciation works too! Maybe this panders to the inner quiet persona that really needs to heartlessly laugh at the pathetic?
                      This line works as a self-depreciating statement for me:" .. then when my ex-wife decided to join the Jim Warfield's Ex-Wife Club...'
                      OR: A wild-eyed young man showed up here late one afternoon, calling himself a Warloch-Psychic! (Thank god he didn't call me "Daddy!")
                      IF you are going to remain silent just be sure you have a Fart Machine in your back pocket! (And use it sparingly, then they will never know if what they heard was real or not!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Go to someone texting and use that. Maybe say "You'll be getting a text from me later" or "I sent you a photo" .. and walk away.. I think that would be a good scare.
                        missjayne
                        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

"Ever Texted Using a Pencil ..

''in your mouth? You might have to learn after you lose all those twitchy fingers you got there!"
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Que lines

Last year I had alot of people who would scream " OH S@!T" when I came at them. I would look them right in the eye and say "I think you just did. Right on the floor" the whole group loved that.

Chaos
                            Capt.Chaos
                            Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Hi Chaos!

I was just reading over this post and chime in. I wrote the article for Hauntworld that you were all mentioning earlier. We have a blast with queue line entertainment at our haunt and made it a priority over the last few years.

While there's no set list of perfect comeback or oner-liners, if you're quick and creative it's not hard to come up with a good list for your particular character(s). Once you do that, you find that coming up with off-the-cuff remarks gets easier.

Texting or being on the cell are always fun ones for me. If they're on the phone, I'll usually saunter by and casually mention that calling 911 won't do any good... the police won't come out here. Or if I'm playing a loud, brash character I'll start talking loudly like I'm on the phone saying, "THERE"S THIS GUY RIGHT BY ME TALKING REALLY LOUD... I CAN'T HEAR YOU.... YEAH, HE WON'T SHUT UP. WHAT?????" and keep going like that until they hang up, walk away, or I get tired. If two people are next to each other and they are both texting, I comment, "Really? You can't just TALK to each other??"

It's also good to keep an eye out for shirts or other clothing and build a conversation about it. I saw a guy wearing a shirt with a lot of companies on the back and covered one eye and started spelling out the names. When they noticed.... I made a comment about thinking it was an eye test.

When these things happen spontaneously, remember them because you can use them again.... just always remember to make it sound spontaneous, even if you've used it a hundred times.

BTW - are you going to be at Transworld? I'd be happy to meet up and talk ideas.

Michael
                              Last edited by Drjkyll; 03-04-2012, 07:25 PM.
                              Michael Edwards
                              Dallas, Texas

https://www.youtube.com/user/AHauntersLife
                              http://darkhourhauntedhouse.com/
                              http://facebook.com/Drjkyll

Comment

Working...
                              X