Fire Retardant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Retardant

I know there have been several posts in the past regardinf this, however I am still struggling with the topic. I have few of questions.

1. Is ther one product that I can use for everything
    2. How often does it need to be applied
    3. If I have already painted my panels, can I still apply fire retardant or does it have to done at the time of painting.
    4. Do you need to have your fire retarding certified or do you just show the empty containers to your fire marshall
    5. Do you or the fire marshall actually test the fire retardant properties of your stuff...meaning actually try to set it on fire to see what happens?

I have talked to alot of you one on one about this and it appears that I am not the only one struggling. I hope this discussion helps everyone.

I see NY Fire Shield is an advertiser, however they have been less than helpful when I call
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

best to apply before you paint,its sopposed to soak in,it comes treated so you can check your work later by holding a black light againt walls and such.unless your using the kind that you mix with paint.yes firemarshal will probably test your fire proofing by holding a flame to 3 diff items in 3 diff areas of haunt.could be a curtain or it could be the wall who knows.

Comment

Do you have to spray everything?

What do you spray and what don't you spray?

Do you have to spray all the lumber that is under floor boards and frame work for ramps and stuff?

Also, Do you have to spray props and everything?

What a Pain in the @#%$*&

Ryan
      "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
      - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

Working...
      X