Ideas for securing a tent haunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for securing a tent haunt??

This year we will be adding a new side attraction to our event - This will we a tent haunt out in the parking lot, our main event is indoors. My question is what is the best way to secure the tent for the times we are not running?

My only thought was getting chain link fence set up around the attraction....but even that isn't all that secure. The only other way I could think would be to station someone there every night which I don't see being an option.

So any ideas, or suggestions on what others have tried would be great - Thanks!

Originally posted by Evernight View Post
    This year we will be adding a new side attraction to our event - This will we a tent haunt out in the parking lot, our main event is indoors. My question is what is the best way to secure the tent for the times we are not running?

My only thought was getting chain link fence set up around the attraction....but even that isn't all that secure. The only other way I could think would be to station someone there every night which I don't see being an option.

So any ideas, or suggestions on what others have tried would be great - Thanks!
    I'm glad you asked seeing as we are in the EXACT same predicament this coming season. My first guess was a chain link fence as well. My second thought is if you build walls on the inside perimeter of the tent and a door to get in and out that should provide more or less the same "security" as walls of a building. Ethan at Hundred Acres Manor has a large amount of his show outdoors and he just puts locks on the out buildings and said he hasn't had any issues. I guess this depends also on the area of town your show is in. Best of luck! Hope to hear other ideas!!
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Chain Link

I would think chain link fence would be fine. On construction sites they leave hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment inside portable chain link with locks on it so it must be somewhat effective. I would make sure that there is extra lighting where it very lit during the nights you are not operating and maybe after your last night of the weekend bring in some of your valuable stuff until the next weekend. We had a flat screen and sound system that was not "secured" last year and we just took them in at the end of every night. Maybe even get a spare car of an employee or someone and just leave it parked there and move it to different spots every couple of days to make people think there is someone staying there. We have a store in town that bought cars just to park them in the parking lot on the interstate so that people think there are customers there and will stop. HAHA I guess its all in perception.

Comment

We did plan on making our entrance and exit "Lockable" as the perimeter will be solid walls except for the entrance and exits. Looks like getting a fencing company as a sponsor will be in the works

Comment

Our entire haunt is outdoors in tents. Fencing and locks are your first priority..we even ran a little electric cattle wire around the top of ours . I have also heard of haunts that setup a sound system to be triggered with dogs barking and chainsaw sounds, ect. Sounded like a great idea to me. As haunters we should be able to come up with some creative ways to scare potential trouble makers right ?

Comment

Chain link fence with outdoor motion sensor lighting would be great! And those lights are pretty cheap too, motion sensor lighting is a great way to deter theft! That and (fake) video cameras lol.

Comment

Brings back some memories

I once had to secure a parking lot we were using for a parking lot sale. We rigged a wireless car alarm with motion sensors. When the alarm sounds, it sets off a pager that works up to a mile or so. We had radio equipment that was attached to a very loud PA system so when we heard the pager go off, we would key the radio and yell over the PA system. It was most effective and allowed us to move around a bit, but still required someone up all night.
              Travis "Big T" Russell
              President
              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
              X