Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted House Statistics

Hello,

I'm currently working on my business plan to take my home haunt commercial. I'm looking for industry statistics such as the number of haunts, average attendance numbers, average start up costs, things of that nature. I found the article here on Hauntworld and it's been immensely helpful, but I'm just wondering if anyone may have or know where to find more such metrics on the industry. Specifically, if anyone knows of statistics for the Denver Metro area, or Colorado in general, those would be exactly what I need.

Any help would be appreciated!
    www.mournfulmanor.com

"I'm talking about romance in the sense of epic heroes, tragedy, forever friends who die for one another, quests, wars and star-crossed lovers. Romance found in dark fairy tales and the histories of martyred saints. Romance expressed through murder, cannibalism, ressurrections, and hauntings, through ancient tales of chivalry, sacrifice and betrayal."

I don't think haunted house stats will help you very much because it all depends on so many factors including how well known your haunt is, how many years in business, and location. AND, remember that the business is changing every year. In areas where haunted houses are profitable, more firms will enter the industry until profits=0.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 02-11-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

You might find some of this information useful - http://www.hauntedhouseassociation.org/history.htm
      Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Not to rain on your parade but you can't get a bank to touch you with a million foot pole.

Comment

I agree, banks are not helpful for loans, rather go with private investors .

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys. I'd rather not look at banks, but will if I have to. We're trying to go self funded as much as possible, but I want my plan to be as comprehensive as I can get it.
            www.mournfulmanor.com

"I'm talking about romance in the sense of epic heroes, tragedy, forever friends who die for one another, quests, wars and star-crossed lovers. Romance found in dark fairy tales and the histories of martyred saints. Romance expressed through murder, cannibalism, ressurrections, and hauntings, through ancient tales of chivalry, sacrifice and betrayal."

Comment

Smart planning Mournful! Regardless of the avenue you travel for funding, a well written and thought out business plan is a must. For reasons, not the least of which, that an honest evaluation can give you a realistic picture of what you can expect in your market. Banks are obviously pretty tight fisted at the moment, and even in the best of times, haunts are not particularly their favorite risk. However, depending on the size of your operation, there are a lot of interesting 'crowd sourced' funding options available. Kickstarter, etc. are places to check out.

Good luck to you!
              Michael Inks
              Geist Entertainment, Inc.
              Visit GEI on Facebook

sigpic

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
              X