Parking Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Lot

I was wondering something. Has anyone ever used a parking lot for there Haunt? If so How did it go? What did you do to keep people from getting in during the night and steal things? So on so forth..

Thanks
    Dennis

Part of our haunt utilizes 2 tents and a parking lot in between.

We secure the tents each night and they have cameras focused on them, so far so good!

1 Security guy can watch it... if you don't have cameras...

Good Luck!

Comment

I had asked a question about an outdoor haunt and what security steps needed to be taken to prevent theft. One good answer I got was to have security staff on site 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Those who staffed security would sleep in RV's or tents.

If you did not have enough securty staff to have protection 24/7, you could work with local police and see if officers could drive through your haunt every hour of the day or at least a couple of times a day.

Brian

Comment

Take a read on the JBCorn books as he wrote them on building and running parking lot haunts.
        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

I will have to take a look at the books I have them downloaded. TY all who have posted.

Dennis

Comment

Maybe a very realistic, half-mangled body caught under a fence, twitching and a sound track occassionally moaning would keep the vandals and theives away?
            hahahaha!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmaretony
              Take a read on the JBCorn books as he wrote them on building and running parking lot haunts.
              where are these JB books that i hear about?

Comment

Maybe a very realistic, half-mangled body caught under a fence, twitching and a sound track occassionally moaning would keep the vandals and theives away?

Hell, I want one of those for my front yard--never mind a haunt.[/quote]

Comment

JBCorn was a haunter in Texas who owned Castle Dragon. His 4 books and 3 videos were the results of years of experience.

His books are VERY construction plan heavy, almost no prop work. There is simply no other books on the market today or in the past which stressed construction methods or safe operation. There are some superb techniques haunters would be work looking into. For example, his lighting used Malibu low voltage lighting and he also had alternates to the use of foam.

The books are as follows:
                  1 how to build a portable dark attraction in a parking lot
                  2 marketing and promotional tips
                  3 advanced construction (facade and deck building, mainly)
                  4 forgot the name, but it is business and operations manuals along with some fantastic articles he wrote on the years of haunting.

The 3 videos would complement the first 3 books as well.

JBCorn died about 4 years ago of leukemia. He was also one of the original founders of IAHA and stressed safety and care in the attractions.

The Corn family I am grateful to in allowing the books and videos to go to the world. JBCorn was always one to help out other haunters, and these books and videos belong to the world in education.
                  The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X