Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lighting effects?

Hi guys
    the one thing that I really love and makes the whole haunt come together, (and I know everyone will agree with me) LIGHTING!
    I really love the effect of flickering lights.. now I just dont wanna go get flicker lights I want somethings that stands out and turns off and on at different rates and looks just like real power failure.. I know there are some great controllers out there I wanted to know what you use or if you know what is the best!
    Thanks!
    Haunt man

Lights

I have tried a few different flicker controls but my favorite is from Quan at Darklight. I love them. You can set them to different patterns and they are inexpensive. Highly recommend. I will be buying about 2 dozen of them at Trans.

Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Light o Rama is what I use for the entire haunt, I can control dang near all the lighting from one or two controllers in one central location...also very cheap in my opinion. So much better then having to use tons of controllers.

Kale

Comment

Thanks for the input!
        Kale-- I thought light o rama only worked on xmas lights to sync them to music?
        Or does it work like a dmx software?

Comment

To answer your question, it can control any 110v item you have ...props, lights, motors...etc it can even be triggered with a floor mat or switch. A dmx add on can be used as well so you could control any dmx item. These were not designed for Christmas applications right off the bat but an after thought. Easy to program on the computer and it can run without one. It looks more complicated then it is...are you going to be at tw?

Kale

Comment

Thank you kale that sounds great ill look in to light o rama some more.
            No sadly I will not be at TW, I would love to but I live on the east coast and isnt it by invite only?

Comment

Light-o-Rama ?

Okay I am interested in trying the light-o-Rama. I am going to be at TW if your are available to talk about it I would appreciate it.
              Travis "Big T" Russell
              President
              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Yupp I'll be at tw, come find me at the haunted enterprises booth or we can chat afterwards one of those nights.

Kale

Comment

Originally posted by Haunt man View Post
                  Thank you kale that sounds great ill look in to light o rama some more.
                  No sadly I will not be at TW, I would love to but I live on the east coast and isnt it by invite only?
                  Nope it isn't.

Comment

you may be interested in our Flicker module

Hi guys
                    the one thing that I really love and makes the whole haunt come together, (and I know everyone will agree with me) LIGHTING!
                    I really love the effect of flickering lights.. now I just dont wanna go get flicker lights I want somethings that stands out and turns off and on at different rates and looks just like real power failure.. I know there are some great controllers out there I wanted to know what you use or if you know what is the best!
                    Thanks!
                    Haunt man

we'll have these at TW next week so come by 811 and check it out.

http://www.darklightsystem.com/darkbox-flicker/

if you want FULL control, we have a DMX controller flicker generator --- also being launched this year called the Micro DMX. it has built in flicker and power surge patterns that you can tune the speed and brightness via DMX.
                    http://www.darklightsystem.com/darkbox-dmx-micro/
                    sigpic
                    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Dark lights

I like that module, what is the cost? Are you going to be at the national haunters convention?

Comment

If I had a haunt or money to do one, I'd only use DMX lighting. Easier to control and I can design and control an entire house from one computer. That includes lighting effects paired with music, random light flickering/strobing, to even prop activation if I want it on a timer. You want lights in a hallway to turn off one by one to low rumbling bass tone, you got it haha.

Comment

I like that module, what is the cost? Are you going to be at the national haunters convention?
                          the module is $50. it can handle up to 1Amp.
                          unfortunately we won't be at NHC this year as we're committed to HauntCon.
                          sigpic
                          The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Working...
                          X