The walkng dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The walkng dead

Is there any one else out there on haunt world right now while watching the new walking dead???

I watched it... I love that show. However I will say its getting old already. Like any twists and turns they add or just to keep the show going. What I'd like to see is just one more season that has some sort of conclusion to it like... they find a cure, there is no one left alive on earth, something that explains an ending to everything.

The special fx on the zombies is amazing. But the wife now trying to plant seeds into her husbands head to kill his buddy is getting weird. I think the show is going to go south here after this season. We'll see.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Ya, it's a soap opera with Zombies but I like it.

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
      I watched it... I love that show. However I will say its getting old already. Like any twists and turns they add or just to keep the show going. What I'd like to see is just one more season that has some sort of conclusion to it like... they find a cure, there is no one left alive on earth, something that explains an ending to everything.

The special fx on the zombies is amazing. But the wife now trying to plant seeds into her husbands head to kill his buddy is getting weird. I think the show is going to go south here after this season. We'll see.

Larry
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Man, my wife is TERRIFIED of zombies! She's had nightmares of zombies since she was a child. She's 26 now. But, yeah, took a while to get to where I can start watching the show. We picked up the first season a few months ago with Netflix, I ripped it and started watching it over at my mom's.

Now, my wife is into teh show! However, we only seen the first season, and MAYBE 1 or 2 episodes of the 2nd.

As was said, the zombies truly are amazing. In fact, I almost bid on a zombie bust on ebay for one of the canceled orders for a zombie made for the show.

The show is great from what I seen but no, we're not seeing it as of yet. We'd like to but we've missed so much it'd be dumb to pick it up now. I can see how it'd get old. I mean come on, how many episodes of running from them can you have before it runs into teh same story?

What you said about the seed in the head bit, yeah I think i'd be annoyed by that. We'll see :P

Comment

Walkers... dont you mean zombies?!?!?!

I just cant understand why they woul call them walkers, I mean everyone who watches the show watches it for the zombies other wise its just any old soap.
          I love the show and I am looking forward to see where they take the show but I just cant understand walkers.... from day one, no one has ever sad "zombie" once!
          ....they arent just sick.. the people died then came back to life hungry for flesh and brains and you get bit and you be coem one of them too.....what do you call that??? ah huh zombies!

ok im done venting now lol

Comment

Is it just me or is it looking like more and more that zombies are getting old real fast? Zombies may have peaked at this time with all the shows and the contant zombie walks you see everywhere. To me they just seem like a lazy man's costume.

Comment

I'm a little biased being a hardcore fan of Resident Evil, anything zombie related, and operating a zombie themed haunted attraction.

Needless to say the show is addicting...I just love all the other conflicts, issues, and events that occur between the great characters vs just being a show with zombies start to finish.

Director of Shawshank though so that's why it's so impressive!
              District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
              http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

I don't agree with the zombies are getting old comment. The customers I have in Philadelphia are big into zombies. We add zombies into the shirt design this year and sold out because many comments were " It has zombies on it". I think zombies are going to be around for awhile.

Robert

Comment

Vampires are still rolling and that started years ago. I imagine this will continue too as women love their soaps.

Comment

Are Zombies getting old...?

An observation Re: Zombies -

When Boarders (The book store) was going out of business I got a bunch of books. The store was almost cleaned out, but left behind was a HUGE section of Zombie books...

Now this tells me

A) Wow Zombies are popular look at all those books, graphic novels etc.

B) Wow there are TOO many Zombie books and the market is OVER saturated.

I think the truth lies in the middle - Zombies ARE very popular and they are OVER saturated. Is there really anything innovative about Zombie entertainment (In all of its forms, Haunts, Books, Movies etc.) anymore? Basically it is the easiest, lowest hanging fruit on the tree production wise - I mean what does every 18 year old director who wants to make a horror movie make? A Zombie movie. What is the easiest makeup? What is the best excuse for gore and violence? What is the easiest costume? What is the basic monster in every video game etc....

What I think IS new is the acceptance of zombies by MAINSTREAM America! It may be old and tired to us, but they are still digging it. So I would have to say to the horror fan the spike of Zombie stuff is great because our little world is now mainstream, but in the innovative fresh ideas market it is a yawner. But what really matters are our customers and they are digging it... So lets mine it for all that it is worth!

And onto the bigger topic of Mainstream Horror itself. Remember Goosebumps? That brought a whole new generation into the world of horror -

So when you see Twilight, or Paranormal Activity, or The Walking Dead, or the DOZEN + cables shows featuring monsters doing well rejoice!

I want to personally thank the sparkly Vampires for putting THOUSANDS of screaming 15 year old girls in my cue lines!

Let the masses dine on all forms of Horror, even in its more bland been there done that forms....

Because it all helps to put customers in your doors!

Thanks!
                    Ben Armstrong
                    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                    www.Fearworld.com
                    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
                      An observation Re: Zombies -

When Boarders (The book store) was going out of business I got a bunch of books. The store was almost cleaned out, but left behind was a HUGE section of Zombie books...

Now this tells me

A) Wow Zombies are popular look at all those books, graphic novels etc.

B) Wow there are TOO many Zombie books and the market is OVER saturated.

I think the truth lies in the middle - Zombies ARE very popular and they are OVER saturated. Is there really anything innovative about Zombie entertainment (In all of its forms, Haunts, Books, Movies etc.) anymore? Basically it is the easiest, lowest hanging fruit on the tree production wise - I mean what does every 18 year old director who wants to make a horror movie make? A Zombie movie. What is the easiest makeup? What is the best excuse for gore and violence? What is the easiest costume? What is the basic monster in every video game etc....

What I think IS new is the acceptance of zombies by MAINSTREAM America! It may be old and tired to us, but they are still digging it. So I would have to say to the horror fan the spike of Zombie stuff is great because our little world is now mainstream, but in the innovative fresh ideas market it is a yawner. But what really matters are our customers and they are digging it... So lets mine it for all that it is worth!

And onto the bigger topic of Mainstream Horror itself. Remember Goosebumps? That brought a whole new generation into the world of horror -

So when you see Twilight, or Paranormal Activity, or The Walking Dead, or the DOZEN + cables shows featuring monsters doing well rejoice!

I want to personally thank the sparkly Vampires for putting THOUSANDS of screaming 15 year old girls in my cue lines!

Let the masses dine on all forms of Horror, even in its more bland been there done that forms....

Because it all helps to put customers in your doors!

Thanks!

I had just one little thing to say to that... AMEN!!!!!!

Comment

I agree Ben, it's just not very creative doing zombie costumes.

Jake

Comment

Zombies can fit the bill for almost any kind of haunt theme.
                          What looks better and more intence in a haunt, a bucher or a zombie bucher?
                          zombies have given the haunt a level of freedom that is very hard to find. not many things can be so universal in a haunt... vampiers dont work in a bucher shop,
                          a clown room, or a evil doctor. Zombies do! people love them, customers pay for them and their make-up is easy!
                          Our world would not be the same with out them!
                          I dont say zombies are a easy way to fit the bill, no, I say zombies made the bill to fit.
                          I take this time to say thank you to our dear zombie firends, for not only eating our brains but also filling our hearts!

Comment

Not really much of a fan of this show. My wife was into it for awhile but I have a harder time enjoying it. Most of the characters aren't very likeable. It's based on a comic book series so go get that if you want some sort of conclusion.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

I have been reading the comic for years and trust me, there is no conclusions there! Love the show BTW, look forward to Sunday night each week!

-Joel-
                              Heartstoppers
                              Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                              www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Working...
                              X