For the newbies at TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the newbies at TW

Any 1st 2nd or 3rd yrs interested in sharing suggestions, dos and donts at TW?

pace yourself

Last year was my first year and I was a madman, had to see and do everything all in the first 3 hours I was there. This year Im attending all 4 days, choose the classes so Im not taking them all on the same day within a three hour span. And Im going to take a little more time out and network with other haunters.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Food

Go to Pappy's BBQ.... It is a awsome... And walk the show at least twice before you buy anything. Go to Insane Shane's Party. Hang out at the Ren Bar after hours. Make new friends and have fun.

Shawn
      http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

Bring a bag or case for flyers, information, samples etc. - I take a backpack with me. Oh, and wear comfy shoes!

edit - LOL! I just posted about Pappy's on another thread *bro-fist*
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Are the days events listed anywhere on the showroom floor?

Comment

Definitely bring a tote bag or backpack for catalogs and paperwork (the plastic bags that are provided aren't very big).
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I'm so excited to meet some of the faces in person that I have met on here!!!!
              Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Pappy's BBQ

This will be my first trip to Transworld also- It can't get here fast enough. Fortunately the last few weeks at work have flown by! I just Pappy's on Man V. Food so I will definitely be trying it. How far from the convention site is it? Also, are cameras alowed on the showroom floor?

Comment

1.8 miles, yes you can bring cameras.

Comment

Business cards. Most vendors can scan your badge and get your info but you want those cards for networking
                    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Tips

Have a budget,
                      It is far too easy to spend more than you initially wanted especially when you find that new product that will go down in price next year. Just make a wish list and wait a day, see if you feel the same way about that same pair of $300 claws that spark.

Be prepared for vendors to actually tell you to not take pictures of their products,
                      Surprising to me because I never buy anything large on the first day. My associates and I meet for a after action review at the end of the first day and discuss what we want to purchase which is helpful to have pictures or if you don’t have sole purchasing power. So you just have to respect their wishes.

Get lodging close,
                      To truly gain the experience of transworld you have to attend the extracurricular events and just dive into meeting others whom you can relate to as intimidating as that may be to do. You have 4 days to look at the same 300 booth, there’s plenty of time to get away from the crowds, noise and smells.

Don’t let the costume/ party side think you’re a prospective customer if you are not,
                      I like to wander to the other side of the show but feel bad when the vendors ask me if I'm a retailer. I don’t want to waste their time, I'm just curious.

I think you can get the best interaction with vendors and products on Thursday and Friday, because come Saturday it gets pretty crowded and uncomfortably busy. But I cant wait for Transworld.
                      Matthew Rairden
                      Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
                      Project Manager
                      Find us on Facebook
                      www.circleofash.com

Comment

Working...
                      X