Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Seminars at TransWorld - What do you want to hear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Seminars at TransWorld - What do you want to hear?

I am Moderating 2 Free Panel discussions at TransWorld that anyone can attend. I will have some excellent haunters to ask some detailed questions. What you you want to hear?

The panels are listed below. This is a great chance to learn about some amazing attractions....

Saturday March 10, 2012
    [Early Bird Seminar] How to Survive in the Haunted House Industry Panel Discussion
    8:00am - 9:00am
    Moderator - Ben Armstrong - Netherworld Haunted House

Panelists - Ed Terebus (Erebus Haunted House/FearFinder), Allan Hopps (StiltBeast Studios), Randy Bates (BatesMotel/Pennhurst)
    Ben Armstrong from Netherworld Haunted House moderates this panel featuring a group of talented haunters who have spent years helping others in the industry. Learn from them the critical lessons about how to run a safe, entertaining attraction while avoiding the mistakes that can end an event’s career before it can ever really get started.

Free Legendary Haunts Panel Discussion
    5:45pm - 6:45pm
    Moderator - Ben Armstrong - Netherworld Haunted House

Panelists - Ross Karpelman (The House of Shock), Dwayne Sanburn (13th Gate/Necropolis13), Brett Bertolino (Terror Behind The Walls)
    Ben Armstrong from Netherworld Haunted House moderates this discussion of some of the most Legendary Haunted Houses in the nation. Learn how they come up with unique sets and special effects, draw massive crowds, and manage complex operations with a high level of customer satisfaction.
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Future

Well since I have done business with Ed buying an ad in Fear Finder and sold a Scare Factory Slayer to Randy; both in first seminar I have a question for them. The three panel members I guess I can call "big boys in the industry" so I want their input on this. Do you see haunted attraction revenues; more specifically ROI: expanding or holding its own. Do I want to just keep investments in area of keeping things fresh for the loyal customers rotating eye candy or build more and more and go after more customers. Haunting is not my main business; investments in farm machinery and crop land are and have been fantastic for me. I bought farmland in early 80's when farm industry was in terrible shape. I was buying stocks in march of 2009 when dow was around 6500 and everyone was in panic mode. I knew those were going to be good choices. But I do not have a feel for are we getting the vast majority of people who would go to a haunted attractions through the doors (corn field in my case) or has the market pretty much already captured the amount of people who like being scared.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

How do you keep the momentum going to grow to 75k plus patrons a year?

Comment

Throughput

Ben, I would like to hear tips on how to grow bigger and keep up with throughput of people while not sacrificing the quality of the show.....how to effectively "conga line" or keep from "conga lining" and still keep the lines moving.

Comment

Almost nothing you can do or be taught could teach you how to drop your show up to 75k in attendance. That is a number almost unheard of... I think more logical goals are jumping from say 15 to 25 or jumping from mid 20's to mid 30's that is more realistic.

I could help ANY HAUNTED HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY BAR NONE jump their numbers 10 thousand no problem. That is easy with certain adjustments and I think a more realistic topic.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Open forum discussions

Ben,

For the survival seminar - Examples of make-or-break decisions that influenced their haunts. Mainly how did they get to the point they are today, and was it the result of being aggressive or consistently conservative? Living within your means creatively and/or financially.

Legendary Haunts - What are the challenges of performing on the biggest stage? How do they consistently deliver when expectations are high? Also for Terror Behind the Walls - challenges of haunting in a historic location.

Looking forward to these!

Patrick
            Patrick Barberry
            www.legendsofthefog.com
            sigpic

Comment

Ben

Since you are moderator I think some good questions would be talking about the benefits for year around marketing like Netherworlds does with parades, events, or even keeping up with your facebook or blogging.

I also think another good question would be how you put through thousands of people and still give people a good show. I hear from people all the time who tell me they can't do more people than say 2000 while they could no problem... if you are going to raise your attendance how do you still give them a great show. Raising attendance creates new problems what are they and how to overcome them.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Last call for questions!

Thanks!
                Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Let me what a new haunt 0-3yrs should be focused on to make as large an impact as possible for the year. Size, detail, advertising ( what kind), time/length, hidden revenue streams not thought of, etc etc..

Comment

I think any process improvoments, or changes overall that were game changers for you or somebody else you know...meaning increased attendance, made customers more excited to come back....etc.
                    Events that made an impact one way or another that didn't necessarily increase profits but greatly enhances some aspect of the business. I think this is an interesting question that might result in some surprising answers.
                    Last edited by spookjj; 03-04-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                      Almost nothing you can do or be taught could teach you how to drop your show up to 75k in attendance. That is a number almost unheard of... I think more logical goals are jumping from say 15 to 25 or jumping from mid 20's to mid 30's that is more realistic.

I could help ANY HAUNTED HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY BAR NONE jump their numbers 10 thousand no problem. That is easy with certain adjustments and I think a more realistic topic.

Larry
                      With some sort of breakdown with the costs involved?
                      Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                      X