Dead House Designs Animated Clown House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead House Designs Animated Clown House

This is an initial rough cut of our Clown House effect for the convention. The structure is 16ft wide by 14ft tall. The content being projected on it is far from being finished, but this is enough to get the idea. This is a different type of effect utalizing the same technology as the Tile effect we posted earlier. This scene is focusing more on dynamic content and changing the look of a scene instead of tearing it down. Tell us what you think!

Very neat, the animations on the top center are a little difficult to see, maybe a little more defined, and what's your target audience? Aren't these extremely expensive to do for the whole system? I doubt I could ever afford it, so I don't know how useful my 2 cents is, but if you found an incredible way to make it more available to haunts without breaking the bank would be extremely cool, also, can people walk through the center without the projection being projected on them and ruining the effect?? Not asking to be mean, but out of just total ignorance lol.

Comment

I like the concept. Things like this are great for the queue area or on a facade, an area where guests have time to see the program run. Once inside most guests have their heads in the back of the guests in front of them and would probably miss it.

Allan

Comment

Very cool!

I like this idea a lot!
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

So I'm going to respond inline because that seems to make the most sense.

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
          Very neat, the animations on the top center are a little difficult to see, maybe a little more defined, and what's your target audience?
          All the animation and scene looks are still being worked on, this is just a quick throw together before we packed up the physical set to ship it to the convention. The target is the haunted attractions community. It is a larger effect so it is going to carry a larger price tag which will put it out of reach of most smaller attractions which is unfortunate, but what can you do. The tile effect was created to offer something on a smaller scale that should be open to smaller budgets.

Aren't these extremely expensive to do for the whole system? I doubt I could ever afford it, so I don't know how useful my 2 cents is, but if you found an incredible way to make it more available to haunts without breaking the bank would be extremely cool
          It really depends on your reference right? Compared to the millions the theme parks have dumped into these effects then yes we have bargain basement pricing. And really the price can vary wildly depending on what you're trying to do with it. Just to give you an idea though when you start talking about the various parts and pieces that make up this type of effect everything is in thousands, not hundreds.

, also, can people walk through the center without the projection being projected on them and ruining the effect?? Not asking to be mean, but out of just total ignorance lol.
          The answer is yes in most cases you just need to be aware of how the line of sight will work when placing the projector. For example with this effect at the convention we will have the projector 8ft off the ground. If you get a tall guy walking up the middle his big old head may cause some shadows. But if you moved the projector up to 12ft you would eliminate this problem.

Freddie

Comment

Pretty cool !

Comment

Very cool!! It's something I would do in a heartbeat if I had the budget, you have a lot of talent Freddie!

Comment

Working...
              X