Need some honest Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some honest Advice

An interesting predicament I'm in. I had a silicone mask I made. A gentleman was interested in purchasing it, but wasn't sure it would fit his head well. I said, no problem, if it doesn't fit, send it back. I'll refund the money.

He paid using paypal, gifted the money on his own will, I did not request he do that.

Told me He got it on January 28, and it isn't going to work for him. The punched hair irritates his bald head. No problem I said, ship it back.

2-3 weeks go by, and its February 17th, and I ask what the story is. He says he's been busy and will ship it soon. This is where I first become suspicious.

I finally receive it on Febraury 27th. I shipped it clean, and got it back dirty and with human hair...remember he's bald. I texted him and asked how many people wore it, he said he put it on his head twice.

I was getting ready to refund his money, minus a small cleaning fee, when I realized what he was using it for. I won't say his email, but it alluded to the fact he has a rubber fetish. I googled the email and was able to confirm that. Although I don't see pictures of him using my mask in lewd activities, I don't know what he did or didn't do with it. He did have it for nearly a month.

It's a matter of cleanliness, you can't return other 'xxx' toys for that purpose.

What do you guys think? Should I accept the item and refund his money? Ship it back to him?

He said it wasn't used for anything, but after a month and receiving it dirty, I wouldn't want to wear it again, and wouldn't want to sell it to anyone either.

What about paypal? Would they side with him or me? It was gifted.
    Last edited by RobfromErie; 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM.

I would return 50% in order to cover materials costs and hassle costs. Then I would throw the mask away.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Um...

I have no advice beyond the obvious but I have to say this is one of the funniest things I've read here.
      Sorry he took advantage of you at least you have a story to tell your grandkids.
      www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
      [Google+] [YouTube]
      [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

He <bleeped> you over and Paypal will side with you if you provide proof.

Comment

I swear, I have learned more on this forum....

Comment

You definitely have a right to be angry... and disgusted. I would do what Allen said, that's the most reasonable approach in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about this.

- Jake

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahaha this is good.

I would have to agree with Allan...take the hit but don't keep or sell it again just chuck it.

Comment

He received it January 28th. You received it back February 27th. That is about 30 days. Plus the amount of time between your receiving payment and his receiving the mask on January 28th.

Another angle is you could try to pacify the guy with a little BS to stretch the time out 2 more weeks to hit the 45 day mark. After that he cannot file a dispute with Paypal.

Comment

It is definitely funny, and it surprised me greatly. No doubt about that. When he bought it, I knew he was a dj, so I figured it was gonna be for work or something. I didn't expect what I found out.

That could be a whole other market to explore.

Comment

the key word is gift

since he sent the money as a gift he can not dispute because it was not a purchase. So no purchase no dispute keep the money if he wants the mask back send it to him if not pitch it and tell him you can tell it was used and can not clean or resell it period.

Comment

He should be blacklisted too from the vendors here.

Comment

50%

Take the 50% and you have a good story to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
                          He should be blacklisted too from the vendors here.
                          He did not contact me through this website, so the rest of you probably have nothing to worry about.

Comment

wow and ew

Interesting indeed. What else am I going to read about on here? Haha. I agree with deathstaste, if he gifted the money, then it shouldn't be returned. It's the indian giver thing; can't take back what you gave as a gift. Yet on the other hand...whatever he did with the mask has to be compensated cause that's just gross. With enough evidence, I see no reason why paypal wouldn't side with you.

Comment

Oh dear lord!

first off... LOL! I've been toiling away in the workshop for the past week with very little, and most nights no sleep trying to get ready for TW and this just made my night SOOOOO much more giggly and light-hearted haha!

I'd have to totally agree with Allen here, from the sound of it you hadn't planned on mass marketing the mask to begin with. The guy basically bought a piece of art, and quite possibly defiled it. (unless its painted UV you could always try checkin it over with a black light... you might wanna wear a biohazard suit tho... just sayin)

You definitely have gone through your share of hassles with this guy AND this mask.. punching hair alone is enough time and effort into something that if you CAN NOT resell it, as is the case, then a restocking/materials/are-you-kidding-me?! fee is totally warranted. Silicone is expensive to work with, but your time is worth far, far more. a couple months dealing with one guy and a mask he just wanted to rent by the hour (*eh-hem*) is just too much of your time being rudely wasted, whether he raped and violated your art with his creepy mask fetish or not haha.

Now that i've giggled for 15 minutes, time to get back to work
                              -Mat

Comment

Working...
                              X