No announcement yet.

Spirit Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to the original question, the power of the laser is a big deal. Not all lasers are safe, especially in someone's eyes. Getting technical specs of a laser is a big deal. I did a ton of reading 2 years ago before deciding to do a laser vortex to make sure it was going to be safe. Some lasers even have to be registered for use, especially in outdoor haunts.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Our vortex video

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=295905490480481. The only one I could find at the moment. If I was organized................
      sigpic
      Karl
      Fear Hollow Haunted House
      www.fearhollow.com
      fearhollowhauntedhouse@gmail.com

Comment

Laser Effects and the Eyes

I have done a lot of work with lasers (huge multimedia events and concerts) and have used this very effect in a couple of ways. The laser is actually safe to use in this case because the laser beam is circling rather than aimed directly at the eyes. If you are using a high-powered laser (which these are not) you have a larger concern of someone accidentally making direct eye contact for an extended period of time with the laser beam, but with these and other "club lasers" as I call them, not such a big deal.

Try using a Haze Master rather than a smoke machine when you use this effect. Haze is a petroleum based fog that actually creates a long-lasting haze in the room where this is being used. That is the optimum for laser effects because the haze hangs around for a long time. I have used 2 Haze Masters to fill a 3000 seat auditorium for a 3 hour production; worked great and was awesome with the lasers.
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Originally posted by Haunt man View Post
          How did he build it for ten bucks? Any video links?
          Basically, a small compact mirror (or the like) glued at a very slight tilt to the center of a muffin fan, and then a pen laser (or the like) to shoot straight into the center of it. Then you shoot that into a whole cloud of fog in your desired room or hallway, and, viola!, instant laser vortex.

I'll see if I can get some video links. I know my friend has some, iirc.

Comment

Working...
          X