Tornado in Branson....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado in Branson....

I just heard about the tornado touching down there and doing damage. Any word on the weather for next week?? Prayers to everyone in that area.

Paul Boyd

Prayers to everyone out their. We normally go out their every year, from the pictures I saw their is a lot of stuff torn up.

Comment

Damage...

I know the Best Western was destroyed, no reported injuries as of yet.

Comment

weather

This has been a very strange winter in missouri. No snow hardly, january was warm compaired to the subartic temps we usually have. Now not saying it wasn't but were these really high winds or a tornado? The wind has been really strong here. And larry said st. Louis got strong winds. Harrisburg I'll got hit last night too. Its suppose to be nice weather and close if not in the 60s for next week. Hopefully the weather calms down for everyone. I think it will. Think positive!
        Damon
        Frightmasters
        Damon Carson

Comment

We have several friends and clients there who are thankfully ok. I know several hotels, theaters, and smaller attractions were damaged.
          Katie Lane
          Partner/VP
          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

We're based out of Branson and thankfully only a few people were injured with no deaths. If the tornado had struck during the early evening during tourist season it would have gone very differently. Mainly the problem is damage and debris. It seems like the hotels and restaurants got hit the hardest. The Hilton by the Convention Center looks like a bomb went off in it and I've heard it will be closed for 3 - 4 months. The only real issue is that the power companies are being directed to get the strip up and going first and leaving a lot of the residences without power. Tourist business I guess. Over where I live, the tornado cut a path about 200 yards from my house and took out quite a few homes in the community behind us. This is definitely nothing compared to what happened in Joplin, but it is a sobering reminded that it COULD happen.
            http://www.hauntedozarks.com

Comment

Apparently the airport was hit last April too.

Comment

Working...
              X